Why only audio records with black screen in open broadcast software?

Go to solution Solved by 100 Racks,
1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

Under sources, click the little plus symbol and add what you want to capture (display capture, game capture etc).

let me try

Under sources, click the little plus symbol and add what you want to capture (display capture, game capture etc).

If this is about the original OBS, then all I can suggest is to use the test option first to make sure video is going to be captured since it can be a bit problematic.

The only other thing I can suggest is using OBS studio since you can set it to capture any fullscreen application and I've never had any black screen capture issues.

1 minute ago, DrMikeNZ said:

let me try

1 minute ago, demonix00 said:

If this is about the original OBS, then all I can suggest is to use the test option first to make sure video is going to be captured since it can be a bit problematic.

The only other thing I can suggest is using OBS studio since you can set it to capture any fullscreen application and I've never had any black screen capture issues.

u did'nt had any black screen issues but i m having.

by the way which is your version of obs?

3 minutes ago, Arjun Sharma said:

u did'nt had any black screen issues but i m having.

by the way which is your version of obs?

When I was using the original variant of OBS, I had issues with captures only giving a black screen for video while the audio is shown as being active and only doing all my settings when the game was running normally and did a test before going to record, but with full screen games kept having issues with the black screen video even when doing my setup of pointing OBS towards the active game which is why I swapped to OBS Studio since for gameplay capture mode it has a capture any full screen application option which means that all I need to do is use the shortcut I set to start capture and I haven't had any blackscreen captures with audio only.