Wanting a new device

Hello everyone so I've been wanting to get a new phone for awhile as an upgrade to my G4. While it honestly has aged well for me there are the occasional freezes and severe slow downs that require a restart. Along with that I am leasing the phone. My plan is to switch to Tmobile as for how I use my phone it works out the best, currently on Sprint blah. What I am having trouble at this point is deciding on the device and it really comes down to whether I get a last gen device or current ones as I have narrowed down my decision to the Moto Z with the SD 820 and the Galaxy S8. Reason I chose these is the price. I know they are capable devices and at this point I'm looking for longevity, looking to upgrade again in 2-3 yrs.

Usage:

general calls and texts

web browsing

social media

music streaming

tech and business tools aka wifi analyzer/ping tools and scanners

very very light photo shooting

S8:

Fairly new

newer SoC, SD 835

water resistant

probably 1 xtra year of support

near bezeless

one of the best cameras

only $575 at BB

Moto:

older SOC SD 820

Cheaper at $450

Last gen flagship for moto

moto mods

decent/average camera

larger bezels

memory and storage wise they are the same. I am really just looking for peoples opinions and use cases. I know I don't really do a lot with my phone and that is why I'm really leaning towards the moto but do like the added fact that the S8 may have a slightly longer support

the samsung S8 is an amazing device. i don't think you'll be disappointed, especially at that BB price. let me know if you have any Q's 

@Technicolors What is the battery life like. Videos on youtube are all over the place concerning this. Already know the fact that ill be getting a case but do you recommend any other accessories?

4 minutes ago, RavBAD said:

@Technicolors What is the battery life like. Videos on youtube are all over the place concerning this. Already know the fact that ill be getting a case but do you recommend any other accessories?

battery life is fine. but it could be better 

hmm maybe some usb-a to usb-c cables, and this is optional, but a wireless charging pad. another charger could be good too, since the included charger is right-angle for some reason