Pc desk layout and setup

andybeech

Hi so I'm not sure where to post this but I'm building a custom desk out of a ikea desk I have owned for a while. I'm currently trying to decide how I want it or what is a good layout, I'm trying to house 2 pcs stream and gaming pc in the desk With dual monitors. 

So my plan so far is build 2 cupboards ether side underneath with fans to bring air in and out of the desk for the pcs to have good airflow. As currently I have decided to leave the pcs in there cases though the cosmos case is rather big so doesn't quite fit.

IMG_0883.thumb.JPG.0a1668a2fd43bac57475f2eb13d6e086.JPG

Like above photo shows I have started making the cupboards I'm planning on making plexiglass side panels with rgb lighting for awesome effects and doors on the front with fans to bring air in to the cupboards.

cables seem to be an issue due to the amount of cables I have to use for streaming and to connect my consoles to my capture card projector and monitor at the same time. So trying to think of a way of tidying that all up as well. 

IMG_0966.thumb.JPG.156a9c212efdb9d4ef232044ed9ff66e.JPG

IMG_0965.thumb.JPG.5e94746e2f9251650e8f9e330664b0f0.JPG

Im thinking of using a dual monitor arm to mount the monitors on which I will be upgrading the main one to a ultra wide.

does anyone know a way I could improve this or make it better or do you think it will be good when finished.

thanks 

IMG_0881.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

I think that will be find, really you dont even need cupboards, you can just make shelves under the desk kind of like you have, that would be the easiest way for the PCs to stay cool they will have plenty of air if they are just sitting on the low shelf under the desk. you can then add holes or hooks to aid with cable management

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

Well if your cat would kill those rodents you might have a bit more free space! Heh :P I'm just messing, and I can't really offer any other advice aside from good luck on the DIY project. Would it be possible to move the desk against a wall at all? That would allow you to mount your monitors on the wall instead of having mounts and what not take up space on top of the desk.

10 hours ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

I think that will be find, really you dont even need cupboards, you can just make shelves under the desk kind of like you have, that would be the easiest way for the PCs to stay cool they will have plenty of air if they are just sitting on the low shelf under the desk. you can then add holes or hooks to aid with cable management

Cheers for reply yea the main reason I forgot to say was because my kitten likes cables and thinks there tasty, so I'm trying hide as many of them as possible. The hooks are a good idea I did not think of using them may use them for the cables that go down to the pcs ether side. Thanks

10 hours ago, NinJake said:

Well if your cat would kill those rodents you might have a bit more free space! Heh :P I'm just messing, and I can't really offer any other advice aside from good luck on the DIY project. Would it be possible to move the desk against a wall at all? That would allow you to mount your monitors on the wall instead of having mounts and what not take up space on top of the desk.

? yea there are a few mice around especially that giant one haha, thanks hopefully looks good when done and yea I did do that at one time at the time didn't like it because I couldn't tidy the cables probably but may be an option now I don't have the extended part of the desk I had made on. Also the reason I chose to put it in the middle of the room was so I can view my projector screen while sat at my desk and allow my friends to be able to sit on the sofa next to me while we play games or look at pc parts YouTube videos.

Gaming rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit Gigabyte z370 hd3p Intel I5 8600k 16Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 240gb SSD & 1tb HDD Sound Blaster z, 2070 RTX windforce, Cooler Master Cosmos Case

Stream rig: Windows 10 Home 64bit, Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3, Amd FX 6100, 12gb mix ddr3 ram, 1060 3gb gtx windforce oc, avermedia c985, 120gb ssd, 500gb HDD, 

Also something i forgot to add was I was thinking of using my green screen again but also debating about how to set this up whether to mount it to the wall as its fabric or hang from the ceiling?