Forum Software Suggestion

I am in desperate need of a forum software that supports Facebook/ YouTube style threaded reply on a single level where you can reply to a comment and from then onwards it simply tags you. According to my research so far xenforo, vbulletin and IPB doesn't support it.  Some suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Another feature i need is the option opening a thread anonymously by a registered user

8d8qpi49l0f4.jpg

Sounds like you should be looking more at blogging software tbh.

The only major forum ones you've missed from your list are Simple Machines Forum & PHPbb, I'm really not sure if either fit your needs though, you'll have to look into that yourself.

Its actually incredibly easy to install the WAMP stack and test them out locally on your localhost loopback.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

9 hours ago, Droidbot said:

NodeBB?

Never heard of it. Does it have have that feature?

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Sounds like you should be looking more at blogging software tbh.

The only major forum ones you've missed from your list are Simple Machines Forum & PHPbb, I'm really not sure if either fit your needs though, you'll have to look into that yourself.

Its actually incredibly easy to install the WAMP stack and test them out locally on your localhost loopback.

I haven't looked into phpBB much cause i heard it's difficult to set up compared to he other three. I  have no programming skills. I don't quite understand why these major forum software do not support single level threaded reply. It makes  things so much easier. Quoting isn't necessary anymore and long conversation are easier to keep track of. I am hoping to create a large form so blogging software wont do it for me.