Shadow play/ OBS/ Lightworks

Ryzen init bro

Hi everyone, this is going to be my guide on how to take the raw footage files created from Shadow play and OBS and turn them into a workable state in which you can easily edit.

first here are the programs you will need.

• OBS/ Nvdia Experiance
  • HandBreak
  • Eyeframe
  • Light works (x64(14.0.0.0))

All of the above programs are free and have there own dedicated web pages in which you can download the programs.

The first thing that you are going to want to do is convert your raw footage in HandBreak to a constant frames per second. I use 59.95 because that is what light works exports at but you can also use 60.

The reason for this step is because Shadow play records in a variable frame rate, If you open the raw file straight into light works the audio will go out of sync with the video due to the playback and exporting being a solid frame rate.

Exporting through HandBreak resolves the issue with the audio while editing and exporting.

one would then think that they could just now edit this file in Light works and everything would be fine. However after exporting the file through HandBreak the file is now compressed into a MP4 format which lightworks struggles to play back and makes the program run extremely slow jittery and lag.

To then go on to fix this issue we must now convert the file into something that is easy for Light works to work with. 

Take the file you have exported from HandBreak and open it withing Eyeframe and click convert,( no need to mess around with the settings. This will make a large file that is easy for Lightworks to use. You can now import this file into light works for editing.
The following steps achieve a file that is high quality ( depending on your HandBreak settings) that runs at a constant frame rate with in sync audio and is easy for lightworks to use stutter free while playing back and scrubbing.

I Know this is a lot of information and seems like a lot of hard work but it is worth it if you wish to edit your game play footage.
I have been searching for a guide myself to figure out how to do this for ages and finally got my head around how to do it myself after lots of trial and error.

Thanks for reading and i hope this helps anyone who is looking into editing there game play for youtube.

PS, there will be a full video guide that i will link once my you tube guide is complete. 

AMD 1700 4ghz - sli 980tis 1554- crosshair hero 6- xb271hu- 16gb ram at 3200mhz

Goes through all the trouble of making this thread just to get banned xD

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2017 at 4:42 AM, iiNNeX said:

Why did he get banned ?

Read the CoC and take your pick xD