HDD over-utilization

Since i received my first laptop in 2014, it has been plagued with hard-disc over-utilization. I now own a new(old) laptop that belonged to my mother, which is a Sony Vaio, it too has been plagued with the same issue only much worse. From the moment i turn it on to the second it powers down. It does sometimes however settle down after a while but once it does go down it seems to go into a exteremely unstable state where the utilization does not remain c  I need help in resolving this issue as im at the point where ive done everything apart from deleting system32 ^_^

All Jokes aside, id love to receive some advice on ways to remedy this issue and hopefully be able to use my computer properly again.

crystal disk info

see if hdd is dying.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

ill give that a go.. ill report back with the results

On 8/9/2017 at 8:01 PM, themctipers said:

crystal disk info

see if hdd is dying.

ok ive given that program a go, its reported that the disk is healthy and that theres nothing to worry about. Despite the good report from the program, when i powered on the system to check the forums, the same issue occurred where the disk usage spiked and was held at 100%. It did thankfully go down after about 10 minutes but who knows how long that will actually last. Thanks for letting me know of that program it seems pretty decent.