Terminus (Work in progress)

Azaciel

Guys, seriously, just cut him some slack

This may be the first thing he's ever coded, nobody's an expert when they first start, or maybe the intention was to be simple, you never know

Or maybe he's just a kid or something, i don't know

1 hour ago, madknight3 said:

According to Google, there are 195 or 196 countries in the world (depending on whether or not you choose to recognize Taiwan as it's own country). They mention that they have over 20 countries done so far. Which means they have a long way to go.

Seems as if all the websites that actually list all the countries by name, land area, etc actually have wasted their time when they could've coded something entirely different to save space, huh?

3 hours ago, leodaniel said:

I agree, at least its not just a list of if, else and echo... or is it?!?!?

At least he has an understanding of how things work

someone else got some useless things so we should not point them on your piece of software?

The way you put a question mark at the end absolutely made no sense either, sir

It's just a really pointless (even stupid way) to hardcode those things!

Oooo, seems as if a lot of applications did a mighty horrible job then, according to you, that is

Things may be pointless in some aspects, but that doesn't mean it should be harshly talked about so many times

He has a basic understanding of how things work, regardless if it is just if statements and echos, nobody starts off as an all-knowing expert

6 hours ago, cyuzera said:

Or maybe he's just a kid or something, i don't know

I think that it's quite obvious that this is indeed exactly what we are dealing with here.

Seems as if all the websites that actually list all the countries by name, land area, etc actually have wasted their time when they could've coded something entirely different to save space, huh?

Oooo, seems as if a lot of applications did a mighty horrible job then, according to you, that is

You've completely missed the point. When building software one should never reinvent the wheel, not unless there's a very good reason for doing so. In other words, the work has already been done so why duplicate it and, in this specific case, in doing so introduce the potential for it to go obsolete. You've introduced an unnecessary amount of work and to further compound the issue you've also introduced the overhead of maintenance when it could have been someone else's problem.

At least he has an understanding of how things work

I'm not so sure to be honest.

Things may be pointless in some aspects, but that doesn't mean it should be harshly talked about so many times

He has a basic understanding of how things work, regardless if it is just if statements and echos, nobody starts off as an all-knowing expert

No one here has really been especially harsh to you so far. It seems as though you have a problem recognising/accepting constructive criticism.

I am however getting rather board of this split personality drama show. So why dontcha pack it in already hey?

As I said you can expect far worse when/if you make it to industry. If you take this sort of attitude with you there then you can expect to have a really bad time and a relatively short lived career.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

8 hours ago, Nuluvius said:

As I said you can expect far worse when/if you make it to industry.

I'm not the one who made this

45 minutes ago, edward30 said:

It seems to me highly likely that you are. Your first post (ever) and every post since had been supportive and defensive of the other account.

Why not be supportive and defensive? You're making it sound like it's a bad thing

This thing's helped a bit at least with me, i'm an ubuntu user, and sure it may be useless to Windows and Mac, but for ubuntu it's at least some sort of helpful with installing by command line

I just try to be nice to everyone, that's really it

And yes, this is the first post that i've ever commented in, because everyone has to start somewhere, everyone on this forum began with a post, either creating it or commenting on it (nearly everyone who has an account, that is)

50 minutes ago, edward30 said:

It's just that we've all seen this over and over again on different venues. The socket puppet supporter is the calling card of the young (and the argumentative) on forums.

Maybe you aren't the same character. But, again, we've seen this all before.

Sockpuppet

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.

The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization, to manipulate public opinion, or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Sockpuppets are unwelcome in many online communities and may be blocked.

jKAxH9P.jpg

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, cyuzera said:

Windows has some same kind of useless commands as well, such as the "date" command, which shows you the date (when you can just look down to the corner and see the date and time)

What is you're using server core and have no gui? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´