Alienware not working

ScaryLarry38

So my brother had bought a used Alienware m17x R3 for 350$ and it was able to play overwatch well on high at around 40 frames. Now for some reason the frames drop significantly and it is unable to play the game. The Frames drop to around 9 frames in the main menu. I think it might be something to do with the graphics card, but after I updated the drivers it had worked. But now only 20 minutes later I run into the same problem and the laptop can only go about 9 frames in the main menu. Someone please help

My friends lil bro had an alienware as well... I mean like unscrew the case, tear it open and dust that MF out. His had so much crap in the fans I don't think they were even doing anything at that point.

1 minute ago, NinJake said:

My friends lil bro had an alienware as well... I mean like unscrew the case, tear it open and dust that MF out. His had so much crap in the fans I don't think they were even doing anything at that point.

Yeah, dusting would definitely help. Probably replacing thermal compound on the GPU and/or CPU as well.

Also that's one of the worst computer stories I have ever heard.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, dusting would definitely help. Probably replacing thermal compound on the GPU and/or CPU as well.

Also that's one of the worst computer stories I have ever heard.

Yeah its pretty bad, ill definetly try that tho, thank you!