Computer bad shutdown. Disk error checking.

r4dv1s

Hey everybody, so recently something happened to my computer when i shut it down, but it didn't shut down for a few minutes. So i pressed restart button and after that windows started some disk error checking and fixing. It went through it like in two minutes. When it finished it, the computer booted normally, bit just a bit slow. First thing i saw was my antivirus shortcut appeared out of nowhere.( I deleted the antivirus, because it started doing some shady s*** in the background)(Avast). After that the computer ran a bit better, the startups were more quicker, etc... Getting to the point. After that disk repair or what, idk... I needed to relogin almost to every program. Skype, steam, google etc. Idk why exactly. Also my game settings were set to default (checked only cs:go). So because there were no AV, i turned on Windows Defender, but it didn't do real-time checking (i think that is how it's called) maybe because i didn't uninstall avast properly. So I installed Malwarebytes, but it didn't do any scanning. It just checked for updates and stopped. Can someone explain why my computer did that? And why Malwarebytes doesn't scan?

Thanks from the start.

9 hours ago, r4dv1s said:

Hey everybody, so recently something happened to my computer when i shut it down, but it didn't shut down for a few minutes. So i pressed restart button and after that windows started some disk error checking and fixing. It went through it like in two minutes. When it finished it, the computer booted normally, bit just a bit slow. First thing i saw was my antivirus shortcut appeared out of nowhere.( I deleted the antivirus, because it started doing some shady s*** in the background)(Avast). After that the computer ran a bit better, the startups were more quicker, etc... Getting to the point. After that disk repair or what, idk... I needed to relogin almost to every program. Skype, steam, google etc. Idk why exactly. Also my game settings were set to default (checked only cs:go). So because there were no AV, i turned on Windows Defender, but it didn't do real-time checking (i think that is how it's called) maybe because i didn't uninstall avast properly. So I installed Malwarebytes, but it didn't do any scanning. It just checked for updates and stopped. Can someone explain why my computer did that? And why Malwarebytes doesn't scan?

Thanks from the start.

you might have accidentally installed avast while installing another program, especially if you just press "next, next, finish" when installing.. 

seems like there is some residue left..
get ccleaner or pcdecrapifier and uninstall everything related to avast and other antivirus and make sure they are cleaned out before reinstalling (the built in defender i w10 can't be uninstalled)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

54 minutes ago, Changis said:

you might have accidentally installed avast while installing another program, especially if you just press "next, next, finish" when installing.. 

seems like there is some residue left..
get ccleaner or pcdecrapifier and uninstall everything related to avast and other antivirus and make sure they are cleaned out before reinstalling (the built in defender i w10 can't be uninstalled)

I guess i'll try it. I heard that sometimes there is malware, that doesn't let you scan until you get rid of it. So first thing i'll do is install ccleaner and clean left over residue from avast, then use windows defender scan. Maybe that'll help.

1 minute ago, r4dv1s said:

I guess i'll try it. I heard that sometimes there is malware, that doesn't let you scan until you get rid of it. So first thing i'll do is install ccleaner and clean left over residue from avast, then use windows defender scan. Maybe that'll help.

or find a bootable antivirus distro and run that.. any malware for windows won't be able to block or do anything, and should be "findable"

also, you could backup your files and try a refresh of windows (assuming you have win10)

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)

41 minutes ago, Changis said:

or find a bootable antivirus distro and run that.. any malware for windows won't be able to block or do anything, and should be "findable"

also, you could backup your files and try a refresh of windows (assuming you have win10)

But still, one thing is not clear. Why i needed to relogin to everything? And after the relogin, i almost lost all skype contacts... Is there a way to get them back?

2 minutes ago, r4dv1s said:

But still, one thing is not clear. Why i needed to relogin to everything? And after the relogin, i almost lost all skype contacts... Is there a way to get them back?

i would scan first with something bootable, try Windows Defender Offline for instance... it's easier to figure out why things happen if you manage to find malware or virus..

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Changis said:

i would scan first with something bootable, try Windows Defender Offline for instance... it's easier to figure out why things happen if you manage to find malware or virus..

Doing it right now. If it won't find anything, i guess it'll be hard disk that crapped out a bit. Then I guess just use ccleaner to clean leftovers.

39 minutes ago, Changis said:

WD offline didnt find any threat, so I guess it's okay. Ran CCleaner and saw few of Avast folders that needed to be fixed. So it's clean, i guess? Now i'll try Malwarebytes scanning, if it will work...

44 minutes ago, Changis said:

Nope... Malwarebytes still doesn't work and windows defender doesn't turn on properly...