Need help picking a mouse

Hello, im looking for an mmo/rpg mouse with very low liftoff distance.

i already own a corsair scimitar rgb and a naga hex v2 and also an naga chroma and all of these mouse either wont track on a cloth mouse pad (the laser sensor in the razer mouse) or have a very high liftoff distance like the scimitar rgb (around 2cds on cloth pads) so i need a mouse with side button and preferibly and optical sensor because laser mouse wont track on my cloth pad for some reason that also has a very low liftoff distance.

Thnx for helping!

9 minutes ago, Shaturu said:

i already own a corsair scimitar rgb and a naga hex v2 and also an naga chroma and all of these mouse either wont track on a cloth mouse pad (the laser sensor in the razer mouse) or have a very high liftoff distance like the scimitar rgb (around 2cds on cloth pads) so i need a mouse with side button and preferibly and optical sensor because laser mouse wont track on my cloth pad for some reason that also has a very low liftoff distance.

Thnx for helping!

I recommend the Rival 700 by Steelseries, I own both a cloth mat and the 700, and the 700 works well with the cloth mat. It has: RGB lighting, Optical sensor, Side buttons and also an OLED screen at the side.

It isn't heavy at all once you get the hang of using it.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:28 AM, Himommies said:

MX MASTER

While I absolutely love this mouse (daily driver for both work and games), I don't know how well it will work for MMOs, which I think was one of OP's original requirements.

The liftoff is pretty low (and easy due to the wide grip on the left side), but even with lots of creativity, I often run out of button mapping in games that have a heavier emphasis on RPG elements. Furthermore, Logitech Options has been losing mapping in-game for me lately, so a mouse with dedicated "gaming" software, especially with macro support, might be better for MMO usage.

On 7/16/2017 at 9:16 AM, Shaturu said:

Thnx for helping!

Thanks for posting. I would recommend that you look at the Rival 500 and the G602. Both have a very intuitive button design, for MMO's/Moba's.

The Rival 500 is about $80 US and has 15 programmable buttons

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Rival-15-Button-Programmable-Gaming/dp/B01K3DM0WY

The Logitech G602 is $40, is wireless, but only has 11 programmable buttons

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Wireless-Mouse-Battery/dp/B00E4MQODC

Don't forget to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we aren't going to receive your answers...

~Jano

On 7/16/2017 at 9:16 AM, Shaturu said:

Thnx for helping!

Hi thanks for posting! A mouse with low lift off distance means that the mouse will stop tracking sooner if you pull it off the mat. You would want that if you lift frequently so your aim doesn't get thrown off so often. Someone who'll only lift accidentally would be fine with a high lift off distance since they'd probably want to keep tracking. make sense?

Any of the "Zowie" Mice will have tremendously good sensors (i.e., Zowie EC-2 or EC-1)

The Logitech G502

On 7/16/2017 at 9:26 AM, 1kv said:

I recommend the Rival 700 by Steelseries, I own both a cloth mat and the 700, and the 700 works well with the cloth mat. It has: RGB lighting, Optical sensor, Side buttons and also an OLED screen at the side.

It isn't heavy at all once you get the hang of using it.

I also agree that the 700 is great.

Don't forget to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we aren't going to receive your answers...

~Jano