Linux and emulating windows

4 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

The only requirement is for your CPU to support the Intel VT-x or AMD-V instruction set which nearly all mid-high range consumer cpus support.

okay, then I just have no idea how to actually get virtualization to actually work.

First install virtualisation software such as VirtualBox

Next setup a new virtual machine configuring it with many CPU Cores and how much system RAM/disk storage you want to allocate to it and also enable 3D GPU Acceleration

Next start the virtual machine and install your guest OS of you choosing

Once the Guest OS is installed then install latest VirtualBox Guest Additions

There are plenty of guides/youtube videos showing how to do this. It is a pretty simple process to be honest.

1 minute ago, C2dan88 said:

Next start the virtual machine and install your guest OS of you choosing

Once the Guest OS is installed then install latest VirtualBox Guest Additions

There are plenty of guides/youtube videos showing how to do this. It is a pretty simple process to be honest.

I've gotten as far as setting up the computer. I tried doing Macontosh in the past but because I have amd GPUs I cannot run macs. I tried windows and linux but I didn't know how to install the operating systems, nor did I know how to get the VM to ask me to install an OS. With VM ware I just chose the OS I wanted and it didn't ever really work.

I will check again on youtube at a later time. I cannot spend the time rn learning it but thanks for the info!