MInecraft Stuttering (I believe)

Go to solution Solved by SageOfSpice,

I'm betting unstable OC.

I've run into such issues a few times where some games will work seemingly well, and it'll pass stress testing, but creates odd issues in some programs. Some programs refused to start, and I had a fairly similar issue with FireFall where I was unable to look at the horizon without the camera snapping to either the floor, or the ceiling.

I'd try saving your profile, and just reverting to stock settings and giving it a try.

So I've been trying to figure out why I'm getting stutter in my MC game. It's been happening for a while So I know it's not the world that I'm in or the version.

I've tried without any mods and I've tried searching all over for a solution but nothing seems to help.

I've installed the 64-bit version of Java and implemented the Java Arguments that are supposed to help to no avail...

The Mods I have installed currently:

• Forge
  • OptiFine
  • JourneyMap
  • Gravestones
  • What are We Looking at

I have gone into the nVidia Control Panel and tweaked the 3D Settings per the recommendations and honestly, I'm just at a loss for what to do next...

Here's a link to the video that I made showing what's happening as well as my computer specs and nVidia Control Panel settings.

I've tried a different Monitor, Keyboard Mouse with no change.

Video of the Stutter Issue

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Ryan

I'm betting unstable OC.

I've run into such issues a few times where some games will work seemingly well, and it'll pass stress testing, but creates odd issues in some programs. Some programs refused to start, and I had a fairly similar issue with FireFall where I was unable to look at the horizon without the camera snapping to either the floor, or the ceiling.

I'd try saving your profile, and just reverting to stock settings and giving it a try.

I actually haven't OC'd the machine (ever) so it can't be that. I disabled the firewall and the problem persisted, unfortunately... :/

Post your specs.

Is this being hosted off another PC/Server or are you playing single player?

9 hours ago, G33kman said:

I actually haven't OC'd the machine (ever) so it can't be that. I disabled the firewall and the problem persisted, unfortunately... :/

In the video, it claims your CPU is running at 4.3Ghz. Max turbo frequency for the 4770k is 3.9Ghz.

Oh man, I didn't even realize that! I don't remember ever changing the setting in the BIOS but maybe I was drunk trying to pull out my geek skills! xD

I just bumped the ratio from 41 to 38 so I'm running at 3.7GHz now. I'll see if that helps and post an update later.

Thanks for your help with that!

Yeah, it would do the same thing with the FPS uncapped.

10 hours ago, NinJake said:

Post your specs.

Is this being hosted off another PC/Server or are you playing single player?

No, it's just hosted on my machine itself.

I have the specs listed in the video if that helps you.

So I played for a little while last night and it does seem to be 100% better!

I will have to play more tonight to see how well it actually works but I really think that took care of it. :)