Digital Taste Simulator

I saw this on www.hexus.com and it reminded me of smell-o-vision and how i wish it was real but this is pretty interesting still to say the least.

I pulled this from their page "Researchers at the National University of Singapore have developed an electronic flavour creating device called the Digital Taste Simulator. When fully developed this device could bring a lot of tasty options to virtual reality but at present it is said to only be really useful for generating the four primary tastes of sweet, salty, bitter, and sour – no umami as yet." 

Here is a video and a link to the page http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HMDIIWgAhc http://hexus.net/ce/news/gadgets/62921-digital-taste-simulator-offers-users-mouth-watering-electrode/

That is one of the weirdest things in technology I've seen actually... I remember seeing the virtual kisser thing on The Big Bang theory and thinking someone is going to make that a thing.... Almost like it xD

EDIT: hqdefault.jpgThere you go xD

Edited by SirReallySam

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

If we keep going, no one will have to leave their homes for anything. We will all be plugged in digitally and virtually to our work places, friends and our family. Food will be fed to us intravenously and we will become prisoners of our own making before we even realize whats happened, and by the time we do it'll be to late.

Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?