Change In hardware And Now SpeedFan Isn't Controlling Speeds

ASAP_Gooby
Go to solution Solved by ASAP_Gooby,

Nevermind, I fixed my own problem lol :D Looks like I just had to unplug and replug the main PWM header! WOOOOOOOO!

I got another one of these fan distribution cards (because the last one wouldn't power 2 slots):

http://www.performance-pcs.com/modmytoys-4-pin-pwm-low-profile-power-distribution-pcb-8-way-block.html

And I tested the power distribution with a 9V battery and I noticed one fan not working, so I unplugged it, replugged it, and then another fan stopped receiving power. So I did the same until all fans had power and were spinning. I closed and powered up my PC and everything was working wonderfully until I opened up SpeedFan -- like usual after I boot up -- and the 8 fans on my radiator wouldn't slow down like they normally would with the previous distribution card. So I thought, "New hardware, so different fan control" so I rewatched this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM and did all the things Jay said the best I could except there wasn't an option for "Software Controlled" so I kept the options to "Manual" like they were before and I removed the previous fan controllers because they weren't working and tried to set up new ones but this was difficult when I don't have any options for PWM, only Aux, Aux1, and Aux2 because all my fans are on a PWM distribution card. I have a suspicion that the PWM connection to the cable that connects the card to the motherboard is acting up. Does anyone have any idea on what I should do to fix this like redownload (maybe an update) SpeedFan and start anew or something else?

I should note that I've never had anything connected to the "CPU_Fan" header on the motherboard only on the 2 Chasis headers ( One 6 Fan Distribution card and one 8 Fan).

Nevermind, I fixed my own problem lol :D Looks like I just had to unplug and replug the main PWM header! WOOOOOOOO!