Help me out..

Hello! Sorry to bother, but I have a few problems, and I can't seem to find an answer.

So heres what happening, my friends pc a few week's ago started to randomly freeze out of nowhere, I tried to solved it by going into the Event Viewer and searching the error online, I managed to fix it but only for 2 days before it continued to have random freezes. I tried to run a few tests like aida64 , and it could run for 30 minutes straight no problems. But the day after it refused to boot, not even being capable of going into the bios. So I took his pc to my local hardware store, and after a few days they said it was the ram sticks.

Funny thing is, they told me that the ram sticks are 100% working on other platforms other than Ryzen and that these ram sticks are not compatible with ryzen, that I need to purchase either a Flare X Kit or a Fortis Kit, now, I've heard that hynix based ram, happen to have some problems on Ryzen system BUT it doesn't freeze and make the system unusable.

Are there any cases of hynix based memory making their system unusable? Because I actually ran hynix based type memory for a long time, before I made the switch to b-die, and I never got these problems, the only problem that I encontred was the memory refusing to run at a Stable speed other than 2933Mhz (I had a 3200 Mhz kit)

ALSO, the mobo in question is a MSI Carbon x370 with the latest bios.

They also said that the chipset refused to run this kit, the kit in question is :HX432C16PB3K2/8 (that is the kit it was on his pc.)

12 minutes ago, Nyxathid said:

Hello! Sorry to bother, but I have a few problems, and I can't seem to find an answer.

So heres what happening, my friends pc a few week's ago started to randomly freeze out of nowhere, I tried to solved it by going into the Event Viewer and searching the error online, I managed to fix it but only for 2 days before it continued to have random freezes. I tried to run a few tests like aida64 , and it could run for 30 minutes straight no problems. But the day after it refused to boot, not even being capable of going into the bios. So I took his pc to my local hardware store, and after a few days they said it was the ram sticks.

Funny thing is, they told me that the ram sticks are 100% working on other platforms other than Ryzen and that these ram sticks are not compatible with ryzen, that I need to purchase either a Flare X Kit or a Fortis Kit, now, I've heard that hynix based ram, happen to have some problems on Ryzen system BUT it doesn't freeze and make the system unusable.

Are there any cases of hynix based memory making their system unusable? Because I actually ran hynix based type memory for a long time, before I made the switch to b-die, and I never got these problems, the only problem that I encontred was the memory refusing to run at a Stable speed other than 2933Mhz (I had a 3200 Mhz kit)

They also said that the chipset refused to run this kit, the kit in question is :HX432C16PB3K2/8 (that is the kit it was on his pc.)

freezes come from the ram stick having a straight up dead chip on it. and the system locks up when it hits it. the mobo doesn't boot because it hangs on it on post. the comments about HAVING to buy an AMD compatible stickered pack is BS. Ryzen doesn't like looser timings this is a CL16 kit and that's the real reason why it's not working. buy a CL14 or 15 kit and all your problems will be gone.

see it says

JEDEC: DDR4-2400 CL17-17-17 @1.2V
  XMP Profile #1: DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18 @1.35V
  if you google the product number you gave

JEDEC standard should be 2400 CL 15 15 15 35

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

12 minutes ago, Nyxathid said:

In the first two months of owning a Ryzen I had the same problem using a 4x8GB HyperX kit. I solved the issue by removing two sticks. Since you have a dual stick solution you should try to see if the problem occurs if you use it "one at a time". If it does, it's much likely a problem with the motherboard. If it doesn't, it might still be the motherboard but might also be a dual-channel misconfiguration on the memory side.

I have not heard of any cases of it being unstable, just not running at high frequencies. The problem seems to be dependent on the CPU, motherboard combo. In this case it is the timings as Ryzen does not like loose timings, the tighter they are the better. CL14 I'd say go for and the issue should go away.

Thank you !! They said that the problem was 100% the Ram sticks .. I've order a Flare X 2400Mhz 8x2 and lets see if the system still hangs. But if it does hang, they will say that the problem will be the sticks. Because they said that they tried a 2133mhz sticks and it worked without no problems.

7 minutes ago, Nyxathid said:

Are there any cases of hynix based memory making their system unusable?

Yes, although they are rare.

If the store is trying to up-sell Flare-X they don't know what they are talking about and are over absorbed in marketing BS. Just get something on the motherboard's QVL.

Have they tested the system with qualified RAM to show that it works and there isn't an issue elsewhere in the system?

Just now, DrMikeNZ said:

Yes, although they are rare.

If the store is trying to up-sell Flare-X they don't know what they are talking about and are over absorbed in marketing BS. Just get something on the motherboard's QVL.

Have they tested the system with qualified RAM to show that it works and there isn't an issue elsewhere in the system?

They said and I quote : "The problem is the sticks because of its speed, we tried some 2133mhz and it worked, no problem. They ram you have in the system is a Flare X 2133mhz kit."

Just a thing of thought they just diagnosed the problem in 2 hours.