15 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

simple answer is they never NEEDED to, AMD had nothing even remotely close to as powerful as the ENTRY LEVEL HEDT chips for 5 years, why would Intel screw themselves out of profits all those years? do you think ANY company does anything to benefit the consumer that doesn't benefit there pocket books more? if people wanted more cores nothing stopped them from buying Xeons.

it's true that they didn't need to. but it's not like they wouldn't have made a dime if they did. they have huge stacks of money. they could've been adding cores each generation to the consumer line and still have easily made a profit on every chip, even at a $320 - $350 pricepoint. that way when ryzen launched, intel could've already had 8 core mainstream chips to go with amd's ryzen 8 core mainstream chips. it could've been a great cpu generation. but no. instead we're left with overheating and unimpressive chips.

intel tripped on their own dick.

- Tech of Tomorrow

y[e]  |  I am king giraffe. Hail me.  |  I build computers as a hobby and sometimes resell them to make a profit. | Current rig's specs:

OS: Win10 Pro x64 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900XT | MB: ASUS X570 Tuff | RAM: 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600mhz | Bootup: Adata 1tb NVME Gen4 | SSD: Intel SSD6 P600 1tb | HDDs: 16tb total | PSU: Seasonic 1200w 80+ Gold | Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 | Case: Voodoo Omen R (yes, THAT Voodoo) | Screen: Acer XF270HU 1440p 144hz FreeSync | total spent: $too much | (lol empty space)

9 hours ago, gameboy3800 said:

i now dub skylake x : 'boiling lake'. perfectly fitting. although 'skylake eggs' is also very good.

How about Frylake?

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B