KVM

yaseryaser

I know my post is a bit long but please read carefully:o

so after a little research, I am planning on buying a KVM switch for my 2 PCs ( one custom build "NEW" and another prebuilt COMPAQ Pentium 4 "OLD")

note: I've never used a KVM switch before just know its function.

I only need to connect 2 PCs so I know for sure all I need is 2 ports switch

mainly I have 2 concerns:

#1 does it matter if the KVM is cheap or expensive or of a known brand?!? the avialable in my area are TRENDnet TK-207K \\ and other Chinese unknown manufacturers. my budget is below 50$

#2 is there a way that I don't need to calibrate the screen resolution(also other settings) every time I switch between the 2 PCs>:(

thus the hardware is different and one PC have win7 the other win10.

really sorry for the long post but I needed to explain exactly my issue here, any advice or tip is much appreciated so please share your experience .

Thanks in advance:D

is there a way that I don't need to calibrate the screen resolution(also other settings) every time I switch between the 2 PCs

and I didn't know what to search on google for this, if anyone could provide useful link or info about this

1 minute ago, wrathoftheturkey said:

Why would you?

when disconnect the cable from pc#1 and connect it to pc#2 the screen acts funny and I need to calibrate the settings

like the desktop icons too big and the resolution is changed

Just now, wrathoftheturkey said:

Just use separate cables straight to the monitor, no need to route them through the KVM or switch on the PC-end

you are right \ but my monitor have one vga input\ and in this scenario I should have 2 keyboards 2 mouses !!!

the KVM is better in my case