"No bootable device found"

@Sinole So I plug in the new HDD and the usb with Windows 10 and it should download right

yes an install page will come up just like you install any other program, in recent version it will autmatically partition your drive and format it, that used to be hard part, if it didn't boot. go to bios and make flash drive your boot media.

btw you bought all of these good stuff, why install windows on a HDD. ADD an SSD and put windows on that. it will marginally improve your speed.

first regardless if drive is empty or even bootable flag it should show up in the bios. fact

2nd are you using a new sata cable or reusing an old cable (there are sata cable versions just like hdmi cables have versions) 

if you use a satagen1 cable with sata gen3 hdd and mobo the drives guranteed to act up as this is 1500mhz cap(gen3 wants 6000mhz) so if drive and mobo do not know this they will fail startup checks thus act as if drive is dead

since you said it did register once then dissapeared i say get new satagen3 cable

3 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

first regardless if drive is empty or even bootable flag it should show up in the bios. fact

2nd are you using a new sata cable or reusing an old cable (there are sata cable versions just like hdmi cables have versions) 

if you use a satagen1 cable with sata gen3 hdd and mobo the drives guranteed to act up as this is 1500mhz cap(gen3 wants 6000mhz) so if drive and mobo do not know this they will fail startup checks thus act as if drive is dead

since you said it did register once then dissapeared i say get new satagen3 cable

i dont think he ment it doesnt show up in bios. he thought if he put a HDD with windows pre install in a new computer it must boot to windows.

but it wont it will just tell you no bootmedia. on a black screen.

i doubt that tafkar even botherred to go into bios and check if the drive is posting.

lol ok

nope windows has always been machine locked unless extra steps taken and hdd mbr rewrite with the right cpu microcodes beinging available for use

2 hours ago, bcguru9384 said:

lol ok

nope windows has always been machine locked unless extra steps taken and hdd mbr rewrite with the right cpu microcodes beinging available for use

they made it very flexible recently with Microsoft account. but there steps that you have to take to be able to even boot in.

hmm interesting

gonna have to look that up but makes sense with network access available today