1080p 144hz vs 1440p 60hz

F g
Go to solution Solved by EunSoo,

For cinematic games, I would go 1440p 27" but I know people who swear by High Refresh Rate Monitors because of their smoothness in all things, not just gaming. However, I can't find any 27" 1440p for a price that's decently over your budget. So 1008p 144hz it is... I found the Acer XF240H for $40 or so over your budget. There is a 144hz monitor much cheaper than that (the Acer GB246HL) but I try not to recommend it. It's not a bad option if that's your only option, but I personally would rather spend the extra $100 to get something better.

Good Luck!

I have a gtx 1070 and i rarely play fps games. I mostly play cinematic games like tombraider and witcher. 

I heard 1440p has more on screen space and has better visual qualities.

I would probably go for the 1440p as you get a higher resolution which makes your games look a lot better. If you mainly play cinematic games i don't think you need the extra refresh rates.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Just now, Shreyas1 said:

I would probably go for the 1440p as you get a higher resolution which makes your games look a lot better. If you mainly play cinematic games i don't think you need the extra refresh rates.

ok ty

High refresh rate is nice, even if you don't play fps. It's all up to you though what you would rather have.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

High refresh rate is nice, even if you don't play fps. It's all up to you though what you would rather have.

I would love to have both, but a 1440p 144hz monitor is kinda expensive

13 minutes ago, F g said:

I would love to have both, but a 1440p 144hz monitor is kinda expensive

you could go for 1440p 75 Hz

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

you could go for 1440p 75 Hz

link me one please/

I'd go for the 1440p. And you can probably overclock the refresh rate of the monitor to squeeze a few more Hz out.

Just now, NinJake said:

I'd go for the 1440p. And you can probably overclock the refresh rate of the monitor to squeeze a few more Hz out.

Ok thank you, any 1440p monitor that you would recommend?

Just now, NinJake said:

What's your budget?

under 300$ canadian, i can go a little bit over

For cinematic games, I would go 1440p 27" but I know people who swear by High Refresh Rate Monitors because of their smoothness in all things, not just gaming. However, I can't find any 27" 1440p for a price that's decently over your budget. So 1008p 144hz it is... I found the Acer XF240H for $40 or so over your budget. There is a 144hz monitor much cheaper than that (the Acer GB246HL) but I try not to recommend it. It's not a bad option if that's your only option, but I personally would rather spend the extra $100 to get something better.

Good Luck!