H100i vs Dark Rock TF?

James8157
Go to solution Solved by Vandorlot,
12 minutes ago, James8157 said:

As the title says, which cooler will get me lower temps/ is it worth upgrading?

I currently have the Dark Rock TF on my i7-4790(non K) and want to keep my cpu as long as possible. 

I have the choice to get a used H100i for about $80AUD (incl. shipping). Should I just sell my Dark Rock TF in favor of a H100i? 

Much appreciated!

-James

p.s. I'm sorry if I posted this wrong, I have searched the forum but didn't find and answers. Thank you for understanding :).

Your Dark Rock TF will work just fine. You not overclocking so you won't need it. Plus, with water coolers, there are many more points of failure, and they could break, possible destroying the cpu if you dont notice, or leaking destroying everything. The H100i will last a while, but watercoolers break usually around 5 years of use.

I currently have the Dark Rock TF on my i7-4790(non K) and want to keep my cpu as long as possible. 

I have the choice to get a used H100i for about $80AUD (incl. shipping). Should I just sell my Dark Rock TF in favor of a H100i? 

Much appreciated!

-James

p.s. I'm sorry if I posted this wrong, I have searched the forum but didn't find and answers. Thank you for understanding :).

No you can spend 100 on something else such as RAM.Your mobo will die years before your Cpu

My life

What temps are you running with your 4790 atm? And this one is not overclockable if I'm right?
If you can overclock it's definitely worth it. I'm running an h100i with an old Lynnfield to 4ghz and still going strong.
Otherwise a no-go.

12 minutes ago, James8157 said:

Much appreciated!

-James

Your Dark Rock TF will work just fine. You not overclocking so you won't need it. Plus, with water coolers, there are many more points of failure, and they could break, possible destroying the cpu if you dont notice, or leaking destroying everything. The H100i will last a while, but watercoolers break usually around 5 years of use.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

8 minutes ago, Vandorlot said:

Hi, thanks for replying!

I think you're right. The cooler is 1 year old and apparently works well. Better not risk the damage. If anything, I should get a better and new AIO instead of a used one. 

Thanks for your help :) Much appreciated! 

Just now, James8157 said:

Hi, thanks for replying!

I think you're right. The cooler is 1 year old and apparently works well. Better not risk the damage. If anything, I should get a better and new AIO instead of a used one. 

Thanks for your help :) Much appreciated! 

No problem. DO NOT GET A USED AIO. For the love of god they will break and there's nothing you can do about it.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

1 minute ago, Vandorlot said:

No problem. DO NOT GET A USED AIO. For the love of god they will break and there's nothing you can do about it.

Hahaha, yeah I gathered. No warranty anyways.