Hey guys, I've beent thinking of buying a ryzen cpu, more specifically a 6 core variant. Reasoning behind this is that I tend to do more and more multitaksing and rendering, so I think I'd be a good upgrade over my current i5. I'm planning on selling my old cpu, mobo, cooler, ram and case for the new cpu, mobo, ram and case. Reason why I'm not buying a cpu cooler yet is due to one coming boxed, and I'd like to test that one out first.

Old parts:

CPU:4690k (@4.7)

Mobo: Gigabyte gaming 5

Ram: 16gb corsair 1333mhz

Case: cooler master force 500

Cooler: cooler master 240m seidon

New parts:

CPU: Ryzen 1600

Mobo: Asus Prime B350M-a

Ram: G.skill Aegis 3000mhz

Case: Fractal Design Define s

I chose the 1600 over the 1600X, purely due to the slightly higher clockspeed not seeming worth extra, plus I can OC my 1600 to 1600x levels later (1600x also requires me to buy a cooler immediatly)

For the Mobo, I pretty much picked the cheapest B350 board that I could find with sufficient usb/sata ports, and preferably 4 ram slots to give me expansion options for later.

Ram was pretty simple, the 3000mhz kit was only about 10 euros more expensive than the cheapest one (2133) so I went with the 3000.

For the Case I wanted something with lots of room to work in, and good cable management options. I like how the storage drives have their seperate side, and the exterior also looks really slick.

Well, that's about it. I'm guessing I can get about 300-350 euros for my old parts, and the new ones cost 450, so for 100-150 eruos I'll be getting 8 more threads, a better case, though I will have less expansion slots (doesn't really bother me, not one for SLI/Crossfire) and 8gb of ram instead of 16, though I can easily upgrade this later. So I'd like to ask, what are your thoughts on this?

Hell I'd do it

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

try selling your old setup as you build your new one. 

i also i would get 3200mhz RAM if you can. Ryzen loves high RAM speeds. but consult the motherboard QVL first to check for tested 3200mhz RAM sticks (dual channel) 

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

try selling your old setup as you build your new one. 

i also i would get 3200mhz RAM if you can. Ryzen loves high RAM speeds. but consult the motherboard QVL first to check for tested 3200mhz RAM sticks (dual channel) 

Closest to that I can find is 3333, though that is another 20-15 euros extra on average :P

6 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

Closest to that I can find is 3333, though that is another 20-15 euros extra on average :P

have you looked in the QVL? 

34 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

have you looked in the QVL? 

Just did, up to 3200mhz so I'm all good there