[Mockup] EPP - scratch built ITX case

Hello guys! I'm starting to make mockups for my project. The ideia is a ITX case with a console-like form factor but extreme performance - aka Tiki, Bolt, etc.

The building process probably won't start until january, but since I'll be using industrial equipment that will not be 100% of the time at my disposal, I want to have everything sorted out so I can minimize problems and delays.

Let's get into the parts:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($299.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i 57.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($42.95 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI IMPACT Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($223.97 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($152.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($172.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($82.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-500L1U 
Total: R$3362,50 (Brazilian Currency)

So, a little explanation about each of them:

CPU: i7 for gaming and work - CAD and 3D stuff. "k" model for future overclocks (keeping the system alive)

> Cooler: low-profile to fit inside the case.

Mobo: sexy, good integrated audio, lots of options.

RAM: low profile just to avoid any problem and keep more space avaliable. 16 GBs for video editing and rendering.

SSD: good SSD, enough storage for me, matches the color scheme (not that it'll be aparent, but anyway).

HD: fast, cheap, 2TB (which is overkill for me, but this way I avoid having to replace it).

GPU: 290 that can be unlocked to 290X (at least for now), great $/performance, sexy as hell.

PSU: Small, fits the case perfectly, enought power. (I hope)

So, "without further ado", here is the current design. Opinions, critics and suggestions are welcome.

Click here to open

Looks nice! What did you make it in

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Looks nice! What did you make it in

What do you mean? Program or material?

Made it in photoshop cs4, will be built in aluminum and stainless steel.

What do you mean? Program or material?

Made it in photoshop cs4, will be built in aluminum and stainless steel.

Program. It looks really nice. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Program. It looks really nice. 

I'll do some other mockups in the coming weeks with diferent color/painting/finish and even some diferent layouts (altought it'll be difficult to change it too much, since everything fits tight).

I'm looking for sponsors to help me with financials and/or parts. Anyone have experience with this or can give advice on this?

The biggest, and crippling, problem I see with this design is heat. That 290 is going to suffocate with only that one 120mm (or 1400mm) intake which I can only assume is over the cpu heatsink.

I'd also highly recommend doing a CAD or 3D rendered 1:1 scale mockup of all the parts.

The biggest, and crippling, problem I see with this design is heat. That 290 is going to suffocate with only that one 120mm (or 1400mm) intake which I can only assume is over the cpu heatsink.

I'd also highly recommend doing a CAD or 3D rendered 1:1 scale mockup of all the parts.

There are actually two side intakes - one for the cpu cooler and one for the gpu on the other side. My bad for not pointing this. As for the 1:1 mockup, it is already in the works. Will be doing on CAD, since some machines I'll be using communicate with that kind of software.

There are actually two side intakes - one for the cpu cooler and one for the gpu on the other side. My bad for not pointing this. As for the 1:1 mockup, it is already in the works. Will be doing on CAD, since some machines I'll be using communicate with that kind of software.

Ah OK that makes more sense now. How are you going to colour the metal? (Anodize, powder coat, etc.)

Ah OK that makes more sense now. How are you going to colour the metal? (Anodize, powder coat, etc.)

Not sure yet, since I'm still conceptualizing it. Also, I ain't familiar with painting techniques, so I'll probably just hire someone my dad indicates me (he runs a business that will provide me all the structure I'll be using), so, yeah, not sure. Also, colors might change depending if I get sponsors or not. Anyway, what would you recommend?

Personally, anodized and dyed. I love the look of anodized aluminium, so if it was dyed red and black it would look incredible. But if you had a more complicated design/pattern in mind getting it professionally powder coated would look pretty damn good as well.

Personally, anodized and dyed. I love the look of anodized aluminium, so if it was dyed red and black it would look incredible. But if you had a more complicated design/pattern in mind getting it professionally powder coated would look pretty damn good as well.

Ok, I'll look into this. Perhaps it will fall perfectly with what I have in mind.

So, here is a more consistent render of what it might end up looking like:

sjQVENw.png

What do you think?

EDIT:

Actually, this window would show the graphics card, but since this is just to show the concept, I'll keep it that way.

Hey there! It's been almost a week since I don't upgrade this. So, I've got further with the design and here are some more solid renders:

muwqd8z.pngVc5p0Ei.png

maybe change the window out for mesh so the cpu en gpu have enough room to breathe

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace