GPU Fans Stuck at 100%

AbsoluteZero951

Today I was putting the aircoolers back onto my two Gigabyte G1 Gamings 980tis, and when placing them in a computer to test one of them refused to not be at 100% fan speed. I checked Afterburner and GPUz Readings and it was reading the proper 0% idle that the cards should be at, but with the tachometer reporting the full speed 4400 rpm. The card is unresponsive to changes made to the fan speed in afterburner and in GPU Guru, I have already tried restarts, clean driver installations, checking the fan connector, putting a different computer, and flashing the vBios yet the problem persists. I feel it is worth noting that the fans are ramping up as soon as the computer is started and not even passed the bios splash screen. Additionally, the second card is perfectly fine and has not issue whatsoever. I've attached some pictures showing the unresponsiveness of the GPU fans rpm despite reporting the correct change to fan speed. I'm at a loss and any help would be greatly appreciated.

25.PNG

53.PNG

i7 4790K | MSI Z97S Krait | Gigabyte 980ti Gaming G1 SLI |  2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury | Samsung 850 Pro 1TB + WD Black 4TB | EVGA Supernova P2 1200 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo (White)| Dell P2715Q x2 | Corsiar K70 | Corsair M95 | Full Custom Loop CPU + GPUs 

• 9 months later...

I had the same issue, please try to read my thread, maybe it will be of some help