Building my first pc

Go to solution Solved by NTDaws,

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VstdPs
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VstdPs/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($59.99 @ B&H) 
Motherboard: MSI - B250 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($88.88 @ OutletPC) 
Memory: Team - Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($51.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($84.89 @ OutletPC) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card  ($206.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: Corsair - 270R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($42.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $622.04
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-23 00:01 EDT-0400

So, I really need a new pc. For the past 3 years I've been playing games on a Laptop with no GPU. After 900hr playing csgo with all settings on low, I've decided its time. I was thinking of buying one, but I really want to build it myself. 

I already tried getting reddit and going to pcmasterrace, but all my posts got deleted automaticly because my account was too young. After that, I mentioned a console once, and I got banned. 

I hope it's not the same here, I really don't know where else to go. If you have a problem with my post I'll take it down. 

My question(s): Is it hard to build a pc for the first time? What can go wrong? Do I have to pay $80 for windows?? And more importantly, will an Rx 580 and R5 1400 be enough to run games in 100+ fps 1080p (I don't mind going down to medium)?

I appreciate any help at all :) 

Spoiler
Spoiler

What the fuck is with reddit, and yes we will help you. What's the point of PCMasterRace if you aren't going to help the community.

Not hard to build a PC, watch some builds from LinusTechTips they should be easy to find. Not many things go wrong if you do it right, most you would normally have to do is RMA if something isn't working. Nothing big. You don't have to pay that much for Windows, look at Kinguin for a windows 10 key. They are cheap. A RX 580 and r5 1400 should pair nicely for CS:GO or any other types of games. CS:GO will likely run at the highest settings.

The geek himself.

23 minutes ago, Imheretobuildapc said:

So, I really need a new pc. For the past 3 years I've been playing games on a Laptop with no GPU. After 900hr playing csgo with all settings on low, I've decided its time. I was thinking of buying one, but I really want to build it myself. 

I already tried getting reddit and going to pcmasterrace, but all my posts got deleted automaticly because my account was too young. After that, I mentioned a console once, and I got banned. 

I hope it's not the same here, I really don't know where else to go. If you have a problem with my post I'll take it down. 

My question(s): Is it hard to build a pc for the first time? What can go wrong? Do I have to pay $80 for windows?? And more importantly, will an Rx 580 and R5 1400 be enough to run games in 100+ fps 1080p (I don't mind going down to medium)?

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

It's easy to build a computer, just take as much time as you need and pay attention to what your doing and what cables you are plugging in, don't rush yourself and it will be easy

31 minutes ago, Imheretobuildapc said:

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Try watching this too! 

12 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

What is your budget?

$750 

Just now, Imheretobuildapc said:

$750 

Any peripherals? Monitor, keyboard, mouse?

The geek himself.

Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($48.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card  ($206.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($37.99 @ Newegg) 

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, AimShootFire said:

LOL, mac fan boi. probs mains temo. LOlz LOL for life. U rpobs also play CS. Lol kid, who even plays rust. You seam like that kind of person too>< lOL

(Benjji)

just get off the forums dude, it was a joke...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Mobo: Asrock AB350 Pro4 | Ram: G.Skill Trident Z (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 | Storage: Intel 545s Series 256GB M.2 (SATA) SSD/Western Digital WD Blue 1TB/Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD | GPU: Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB AMP! Edition | Case: NZXT S340 Black Case | PSU: Corsair HX750 | Operating System: Windows 11 Pro | Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini White MX Brown | Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless | Headphones: Astro A50 Gen 2 | Mic: Rode NT-USB | IEMS: KZ ZSN Pro X

4 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Perfect! 

51 minutes ago, Imheretobuildapc said:

Rx 580 and R5 1400 be enough to run games in 100+ fps 1080p

I have exactly that, yes. high-ultra I experience 70-120FPS depending on the game. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

10 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

I have exactly that, yes. high-ultra I experience 70-120FPS depending on the game. 

Great! Thanks for the info!