Hi!

I just bought a NZXT hue+, a hue+ extension kit and 2 aer RGB fans. I was wondering whether I could run all of these off of a single hue+. Do I need to buy another hue+? Or is one hue+ enough for all these.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Classified101 said:

Hi!

I just bought a NZXT hue+, a hue+ extension kit and 2 aer RGB fans. I was wondering whether I could run all of these off of a single hue+. Do I need to buy another hue+? Or is one hue+ enough for all these.

Thanks!

The number of connections on the Hue+ is the number of things you can have on it

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

The number of connections on the Hue+ is the number of things you can have on it

No. I have the HUE+, you can chain 4 HUe+ strips or 4 AER RGB fans on one channel and the fans on the other, you cannot mix and match leds and fans. So i recon if you have 6 hue+ strips you need another hue to run them all, which doesn't make sense because they also include +4 led strips so you would end up with 10 strips .-. This is because each channel supports up to 40 leds

On 06/05/2017 at 0:24 AM, MrAwesomepants said:

No. I have the HUE+, you can chain 4 HUe+ strips or 4 AER RGB fans on one channel and the fans on the other, you cannot mix and match leds and fans. So irecon if you have 6 hue+ strips you need another hue to run them all, which doesn't make sense because they also include +4 led strips so you would end up with 10 strips .-. This is because each channel supports up to 40 leds

Yes, you are right. I realized that the extension kit was unnecessary. The four LED strips that came with the HUE+ were enough for my case. I ran the two AER RGB fans through one channel and the four LED strips through the other channel.

I sold the extension kit on eBay for $18, which is good because I bought it for $20.

Thanks for your reply!