Ryzen/1080 build

So I finally have the money, after 5 months of planning, and I think I have the parts list ready now.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x272NN

I will add a NZXT Kraken x62 as well as a HDD later.

I'm still not sure, but I will either buy everything this weekend, or buy everything, except the GPU now and then buy the GPU in a few months, and get the 1080Ti instead. I've been waiting for this a long time, and really just want to get the system working (It's not like the Ti will be better on any games in 1080p @ 144Hz the first years, it's just in benchmarks, VR and higher rez)

Is it worth the waiting?

I don't need a m.2 drive, but it's nice to have in a high end system.

My current setup is a laptop with an 850m and i7 4710HQ, which can barely run CSGO at 60fps, so it will be a huge improvement!

Just now, MilitantCro said:

Everything looks good, go for it.

But 1080 now or Ti in a couple of months?

Just now, NewAndy said:

But 1080 now or Ti in a couple of months?

If you are gaming at 1080p 144hz i would just go for the 1080 now and enjoy the games, ti is more for 4k gaming. You can always sell the 1080 in a few months and add a little for the ti.

MAIN BUILD!

8 minutes ago, NewAndy said:

So I finally have the money, after 5 months of planning, and I think I have the parts list ready now.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/x272NN

I will add a NZXT Kraken x62 as well as a HDD later.

I'm still not sure, but I will either buy everything this weekend, or buy everything, except the GPU now and then buy the GPU in a few months, and get the 1080Ti instead. I've been waiting for this a long time, and really just want to get the system working (It's not like the Ti will be better on any games in 1080p @ 144Hz the first years, it's just in benchmarks, VR and higher rez)

Is it worth the waiting?

I don't need a m.2 drive, but it's nice to have in a high end system.

My current setup is a laptop with an 850m and i7 4710HQ, which can barely run CSGO at 60fps, so it will be a huge improvement!

Since you are going with a Ryzen CPU, I would either go for a Radeon 580, or wait for Vega. But that is just my opinion.

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

I'm thinking about getting a 4k 60Hz monitor but it would probably be in a year or so, so the Ti might be the way to go.

I won't exactly be gaming much this summer, so I think I can wait

4 minutes ago, Chaos Network said:

Since you are going with a Ryzen CPU, I would either go for a Radeon 580, or wait for Vega. But that is just my opinion.

And why is that? The CPU and GPU have little to do with each other, and if I would go Rx580, I would need crossfire to get somewhat the same performance, which would leave no room for upgrades

1 minute ago, NewAndy said:

And why is that? The CPU and GPU have almost nothing to do with each other, and if I would go Rx580, I would need crossfire to get somewhat the same performance, which would leave no room for upgrades

AMD GPUs are like 1/2 the price as NVIDIA. Just trying to save you a bit of money here.

"If you gon be bout it, be bout it bout it" ~ Gavin 'itsjusta6' Simon

I play games - Look at my profile for specs

I love memes. I make bad memes, but I like dank memes, who doesn't?

I am good at editing videos and pictures, feel free to message me if you would like some work done.

Thanks!

Kole Overby

Owner At:

Chaos Network

DanTheNali Videography

Employee At:

Neighborhood Mechanic

Heinen's Powersports

Just now, Chaos Network said:

AMD GPUs are like 1/2 the price as NVIDIA. Just trying to save you a bit of money here.

But the performance of the 580 is nowhere near the performance of the 1080Ti. Yes, you get more performance for your money, and no, no one needs this much power, but if I want a high end system, Nvidia is the only choise I have. I really want AMD to make a high end GPU, but it won't be until Vega is released next year, and maybe not even then!

500Gb storage might be a little bit limiting, specially if after installing few heavy games.

I would add a normal HDD just in case, they are cheap.

Also I would go for X370 Fatal1ty, better overclocking board.

25 minutes ago, lukart said:

500Gb storage might be a little bit limiting, specially if after installing few heavy games.

I would add a normal HDD just in case, they are cheap.

Also I would go for X370 Fatal1ty, better overclocking board.

If you actually read my post, I said that I will add a HDD later.

And I like the color neuteral Asus board, overclocking isn't the only thing I'm thinking about when picking parts (although it is an important part of it)

Also I just like Asus' BIOS 

And I am using a stock cooler in the beginning, so I won't get a great OC anyways

3 hours ago, Chaos Network said:

And you get 1/2 the performance.