Anyone playing Quake Champions?

Scruffy90

Is anyone here playing Quake Champions? Thoughts on the beta?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1 hour ago, Scruffy90 said:

Is anyone here playing Quake Champions? Thoughts on the beta?

I can't wait for it. Though I hope it comes to steam and doesn't get locked down to Bethesda's launcher. Steam will help it grow a bigger playerbase.
been craving an arena shooter for a while. 

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

20 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

I can't wait for it. Though I hope it comes to steam and doesn't get locked down to Bethesda's launcher. Steam will help it grow a bigger playerbase.
been craving an arena shooter for a while. 

I've been playing the beta, and while fun, I'm hoping it gets a classic mode. I'm almost certain that it'll be locked down to bethesda's launcher seeing how bethesdas free games are the only things available on the launcher. I don't like the heavy handed use of micro transactions though. I need to spend sometime in the interface and see what those are going to be for.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

What type of MT's are we talking? Pay to win or cosmetics? Cosmetics I can live with.
Unless it's to buy heroes, which I'm kinda fine with as I intend on buying the paid version rather than using the f2p version.
Can see why that would be annoying for people tho.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

2 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

What type of MT's are we talking? Pay to win or cosmetics? Cosmetics I can live with.
Unless it's to buy heroes, which I'm kinda fine with as I intend on buying the paid version rather than using the f2p version.
Can see why that would be annoying for people tho.

I went into the store and saw a bunch of gems and packs. I'll look and see what theyre actually for

@leelaa14 Right now you could buy loot boxes, Platinum coins (which are purchased with real money and used to buy characters permanently and chest), favors (which are earned and can be used to temp buy characters for 24 hours), and shards used to build weapons and armor (earned by destroying existing armor). There are bundles and consumables too. The beta doesnt allow access to those.

41 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

@leelaa14 Right now you could buy loot boxes, Platinum coins (which are purchased with real money and used to buy characters permanently and chest), favors (which are earned and can be used to temp buy characters for 24 hours), and shards used to build weapons and armor (earned by destroying existing armor). There are bundles and consumables too. The beta doesnt allow access to those.

Hmm, building weapons and armor? I assume and hope they are just cosmetic changes for when you actually pick up a weapon in game etc?

2 hours ago, leelaa14 said:

Hmm, building weapons and armor? I assume and hope they are just cosmetic changes for when you actually pick up a weapon in game etc?

I'm hoping thats the case too, but seeing how bethesda handled MT's in Elder Scrolls Online, I wont hold my breath.