Schiit DAC+AMP help

IAR117
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

So based of this, would it make more sense to buy a fulla 2 now or magni 2 and get a modi 2 in a year following? Also will the amp on the fulla 2 be alot worse than the magni 2? Thanks

just get a fulla 2 and be done with it.

A magni 2 will have more power and a schiit stack will be better quality wise, but I wouldn't recommend getting a stack over a fulla 2 for your headphones, plus the fulla 2 has enough power for most headphones....

Hi. Noob question, can I use the Modi 2 or Magni 2 by themselves via USB to a PC? If so which would make more sense to buy? Also would just getting a Fulla 2 be sufficient for (currently) Grado SR80is and in future some planars, not sure which though. Also what is the difference between the Schiit Ubers and non ubers? Thanks

You cannot drive headphones with a modi 2, you need an amp like the magni 2 to go with it.

The magni 2 would hook up to your PC with a RCA to TRS cable and therefore use your onboard DAC.

The Fulla 2 will be more than sufficient enough for the SR80i's

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

You cannot drive headphones with a modi 2, you need an amp like the magni 2 to go with it.

The magni 2 would hook up to your PC with a RCA to TRS cable and therefore use your onboard DAC.

The Fulla 2 will be more than sufficient enough for the SR80i's

So based of this, would it make more sense to buy a fulla 2 now or magni 2 and get a modi 2 in a year following? Also will the amp on the fulla 2 be alot worse than the magni 2? Thanks

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

A magni 2 will have more power and a schiit stack will be better quality wise, but I wouldn't recommend getting a stack over a fulla 2 for your headphones, plus the fulla 2 has enough power for most headphones....

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

If I were to get a set of HE400i or HD6XXs, would the Fulla be able to drive them?

26 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

If I were to get a set of HE400i or HD6XXs, would the Fulla be able to drive them?

yep