AMD Kaveri?!

Bentheguy

What is AMD Kaveri?!

I have heard that its about AMDs new cpus or something but can someone please tell me about It?!

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

What is AMD Kaveri?!

I have heard that its about AMDs new cpus or something but can someone please tell me about It?!

AMD Kaveri is the next generation of AMD APU's. They combine CPU and GPU power for parallel processing. What makes Kaveri "special" this time is that it uses GCN architecture and HuMa Unified Memory (Where GPU and CPU share the same memory.) The benefit is that it should allow you run some graphics intensive games and applications at an affordable price. They are scheduled to arrive in January 2014.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

They are the next generation of APUs, which uses Steamroller CPU cores for improved IPC, and GCN architecture for the GPU for Mantle support and improved power and power efficiency. It also uses HSA to have the GPU and CPU uses the same pool of RAM more efficiency. Slated for release January 2014

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

two steamroller modules, igpu performance of about 7750

Im pretty sure your not allowed to do that. I remember Linus saying he will ban anyone who posts any let me Google that for you links.

^ this.

just say it in a nice way instead of that kind of link.

Kaveri is the new class of APU, this will be the 3rd Generation of bulldozer cores name it Steamroller

keep in mind that gen one was the FM1 (32nm) apus, and gen two is the FM2 (32nm) apus

Kaveri is the first FM2+ class line and they add (in other words) a new way of build apus

they also are the first ones built on 28nm (like the big gpus) allowing a NEW class of fusion cpu/gpu  :D

this is APU gen 3 

off topic: amd kaveri translated into finnish means ''friend of amd'' :D

PC specs.3570k, asus p8z77m pro, 8gb corsair vengence 1600MHz, XFX 550w, seagate barracuda 1TB, MSI 660ti, cooler master k350, cooler master hyper tx3 evo.

Should I wait for the fm2+ motherboards or get an am3+ motherboard?

Is am3+ dead?

Will AMD stop using am3+ and start to make their non apu cpus on FM2+?

CPU Intel Core i7-3537U @ 3.1GHz  GPU NVIDIA GEFORCE 740M  RAM 4GB DDR3  Storage 500GB 5400 RPM  DISPLAY 1366 x 768 Laptop Display MOBO Laptop MOBO  CASE Laptop Case  PSU Laptop PSU  OS Windows 8.1 x64

Should I wait for the fm2+ motherboards or get an am3+ motherboard?

Is am3+ dead?

Will AMD stop using am3+ and start to make their non apu cpus on FM2+?

They don't have any new FX (AM3+) CPU planned for next year, but that could change. Much like they changed their GPU plans 5000 times :P

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile