Idle temps rising

Hello I am currently running a i7-6700k (not overclocked currently while trying to address this issue), anyways my issue is the air cooler I have use to keep my cpu idled at 22 -25 C but today when I have been using my computer I havent seen my computer drop below 42 - 46 C while just using chrome. So I closed out of things for a bit to check my idle temps and I haven't seen them go below 35 C.

Any idea what could be causing this or what I might want to do to test anything? All temps gathered from RealTemp.

Thanks.

35C is a normal CPU idle temp. Nothing to worry about.

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

15 minutes ago, Thorimus said:

35C is a normal CPU idle temp. Nothing to worry about.

that would really depend on where you live.

20 minutes ago, HeaterUp said:

Hello I am currently running a i7-6700k (not overclocked currently while trying to address this issue), anyways my issue is the air cooler I have use to keep my cpu idled at 22 -25 C but today when I have been using my computer I havent seen my computer drop below 42 - 46 C while just using chrome. So I closed out of things for a bit to check my idle temps and I haven't seen them go below 35 C.

Any idea what could be causing this or what I might want to do to test anything? All temps gathered from RealTemp.

Thanks.

i wouldn't worry about idle temps to much imo(unless they're really high), as long your load temps are good you're good to go.

if you're really worried about your idle temps you could remount the cooler with new paste.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15