Do you think everyone was wrong about the date December 21st 2012?

TheArcheaon

"the chances of it entering fusion and disintegrating Japan are extremely high"

>"entering fusion"

Your words, not mine, and it's wrong.

Sorry, my bad, I meant meltdown. In Portuguese the word "fusão" means both melt and fusion, so melting point = ponto de fusão and nuclear fusion = fusão nuclear.

I know lol then there was that guy who threw himself off a cliff at 3:30pm because he belived we were all in a sims game by gods and that at that time a portal would open and he would go into that dimension to fight the gods and restore peace to the universe.

SPLAT

I would have just got into a pool and removed the ladder to get out. Swimming for days until drowning. That's what I used to do with my Sims.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

actually, the mayan calendar had 360 days to a year, so in theory, the world should have ended 27 years ago...

Sorry, my bad, I meant meltdown. In Portuguese the word "fusão" means both melt and fusion, so melting point = ponto de fusão and nuclear fusion = fusão nuclear.

Oh boy, that creates lots of confusion.

Well anyway, moral of the story is that nuclear meltdowns and fusions are significantly different. One causes radiation leaks, the other powers the billions upon billions of stars in the universe. 

The calendar on my wall ends on Dec 31st this year, guess that means the world is ending right????..... -___________- 

If the mayans could predict the future, they would be the dominant race to this day. Maybe they ran out of space on the calendar or the guy building it died of old age. Every year there is a cult proclaiming we are all about to die. 

So you have absolutely no clue on the effects of the Chernobyl accident? Just so you know, the area around Chernobyl within a 30km radius is inhabitable. A 30km radius. The Fukushima power plant has 10 times more nuclear material stored, so instead of just 30km it'll be 300km. But hey, no big deal, we just seal off Japan, right? Wrong. In that 300km radius most of the area affected will be Ocean, not land, which means the highly radioactive water will spread across the globe. That water will be brought by a current to the west coast of north America, so it'll need to be evacuated because the water literally becomes poisonous. Take a bath and you come out with a tumour. The Sea of Japan will be contaminated as well, and the water won't be diluted by a current so easily so the east coast of North and South Korea will be off-limits as well for a much longer period of time.

Chernobyl less concrete & steel barriers to contain the explosion, it was also poorly built and the control rods were 1.3m short. 'Amount of nuclear material' does not mean that it will travel 10 times as far, the exclusion zone is 20KM. You are greatly exaggerating the consequences. The Japanese earthquake was a 9.0, they occur every 10-50 years worldwide. The plant also copped a Tsunami dead on. I doubt you will see these circumstances again in the next 50 years, also, with the hindsight of Fukashima's failures, Japan and the world will beef up their nuclear power plant safety features. I don't think Japan will be wiped of the map...

Chernobyl less concrete & steel barriers to contain the explosion, it was also poorly built and the control rods were 1.3m short. 'Amount of nuclear material' does not mean that it will travel 10 times as far, the exclusion zone is 20KM. You are greatly exaggerating the consequences. The Japanese earthquake was a 9.0, they occur every 10-50 years worldwide. The plant also copped a Tsunami dead on. I doubt you will see these circumstances again in the next 50 years, also, with the hindsight of Fukashima's failures, Japan and the world will beef up their nuclear power plant safety features. I don't think Japan will be wiped of the map...

Right now there's several cracks in the power plant, there was already a partial meltdown, that's why everyone near the area has been evacuated and those that helped cool it off after the earthquake have already died or are dying due to several tumours on their bodies. The entire Fukushima fishing industry has been closed, deformed animals are already a common occurence. A 7.0 earthquake is enough to destroy the already very damaged power plant. The explosion does not need to be contained, that's not the problem, the problem is that when the explosion happens it'll damage the inside of the power plant which will cause a full meltdown. The explosion itself will not damage anything but the power plant. 10 times the nuclear material does mean it'll travel 10 times as far, it's a normal distribution. But that's not considering any air currents or sea/ocean currents, most of the area affected will be ocean/sea which will spread the contamination to the rest of the Japan and the world. The outcome of a full meltdown will be hundreds or even thousands of times worse than Chernobyl's. The exclusion zone in Chernobyl which is illegal to cross is 20km, but no one is allowed to live within 30km. That means you take a trip to the border of the 20km radius and nothing will happen to you, but if you live there for 10 years then you'll be in pretty bad shape. However, that 30km radius will be nothing compared to Fukushima's case, even the west coast of the US will have to be evacuated and fishing in the entire pacific ocean will be prohibited. That's how much this will affect the world. a 30km circle is nothing compared to this.

They won't "beef up" nuclear power plant safety, they're already as safe as it can be. The only thing that it should have been done in Fukushima's case would be having a stronger wall protecting it from the tsunami, but that's it. The chances of this happening again in the next few hundred years are close to, but if it results in a core meltdown then this one time is enough to permanently change the world.