Custom Loop Compatibility Enthoo Luxe

I'm currently running:

i7-7700k

MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon

Kraken X52

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass

My Kraken X52 has been struggling incredibly with cooling my 7700k even at stock, so I'm thinking of going to a custom loop so I can add my gpu to the loop later too. I've been thinking of getting a EK-CoolStream CE 420 (Triple) at the top of my case for now but I'm not entirely sure if it'll fit, according to the specs it should fit a 420mm rad but I just want to be sure. For this loop I'm also going to need a pump and res and I was thinking of getting the EK-XRES 100 SPC-60 MX PWM (incl. pump). Is there anywhere else I could mount one of the drive cages? Because I would like to keep my HDDs but I would also like the ability to mount my pump/res and be able to add another 240mm rad in the front of the case. I am completely open to other parts or ideas, right now my main focus is having everything fit without removing my hard drives

I have the same case and was thinking about doing the same thing shortly, if you use a triple 140 up top any drive bays your using gotta go im sure, i want to take the bracket off that has thet ssd mounts and holds the drive bays together, i think it would look sweet

any 5.25 bays up top i meant

i was also wondering on how to make it look good with the hard drives as well

depends on how thick your rad you want and the profile of the fans i would think, hopw many HDD's you have???, because im pretty sure you can just take one of the 2 drive cages out and put the pump/res on top of them....depends on the dimensions

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

26 minutes ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

I have the same case and was thinking about doing the same thing shortly, if you use a triple 140 up top any drive bays your using gotta go im sure, i want to take the bracket off that has thet ssd mounts and holds the drive bays together, i think it would look sweet

any 5.25 bays up top i meant

i was also wondering on how to make it look good with the hard drives as well

depends on how thick your rad you want and the profile of the fans i would think, hopw many HDD's you have???, because im pretty sure you can just take one of the 2 drive cages out and put the pump/res on top of them....depends on the dimensions

I was thinking of getting a 45mm thick radiator up top, that would fill up the top 5.25 bay leaving the bottom 2 accessible, I was thinking of putting a 5.25 to 3.5 adapter on both of those so that I could move both my HDDs up there and then remove both the drive cages. Then I would have plenty of space to add a pump/res down there and to later add a 240mm rad in the front of the case as well, but I'm not quite sure yet. Removing only one of the 2 drive cages would leave you with about 12cm clearance for a pump/rad which is extremely little

4 hours ago, Ashalel said:

I was thinking of getting a 45mm thick radiator up top, that would fill up the top 5.25 bay leaving the bottom 2 accessible, I was thinking of putting a 5.25 to 3.5 adapter on both of those so that I could move both my HDDs up there and then remove both the drive cages. Then I would have plenty of space to add a pump/res down there and to later add a 240mm rad in the front of the case as well, but I'm not quite sure yet. Removing only one of the 2 drive cages would leave you with about 12cm clearance for a pump/rad which is extremely little

I like that idea as well! Nice, the way I really want to do it I want to remove that whole panel....because if I put a pump/res where the cages are I don't want it to be hidden lol

this one that isnt in this whole pic lol

yesss.jpg

CPU: i7-7700k 5.0Ghz, Cooling: Corsair H115i, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming M7, RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200, GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Storage: 240GB MyDigitalSSD NVMe M.2, Two 2TB Seagate HDD, PSU: EVGA 850w G2, Case: Phanteks Luxe Tempered Glass, Display: 22" 1080p Samsung S22C350 (NOT for long lol) Keyboard: Corsair K70 Lux RGB, Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro RGB FPS, Sound: Corsair VOID + 2.1 Channel Speaker System, OS: Windows 10
PCPartPicker List

9 hours ago, eeccrraaiigg said:

I like that idea as well! Nice, the way I really want to do it I want to remove that whole panel....because if I put a pump/res where the cages are I don't want it to be hidden lol

this one that isnt in this whole pic lol

yesss.jpg

It is a shame how the panel covers it all, but if I were to remove it I would have absolutely no place to mount my HDDs and it would leave a hole all the way to the other side panel, which would uncover quite a few ugly cables. Mounting the pump/res would also be possible just on the psu cover, but that would require drilling and I'm not sure it would look that good. The case may have lots of watercooling support, but you need to sacrifice quite a bit to use it all...

17 hours ago, Ashalel said:

It is a shame how the panel covers it all, but if I were to remove it I would have absolutely no place to mount my HDDs and it would leave a hole all the way to the other side panel, which would uncover quite a few ugly cables. Mounting the pump/res would also be possible just on the psu cover, but that would require drilling and I'm not sure it would look that good. The case may have lots of watercooling support, but you need to sacrifice quite a bit to use it all...

I agree you do have to sacrifice a lot to do it, I just think that a little smart fabrication and its possible to have everything you want....I don't know I hope though lol, I'm about to start buying the parts I need for the loop a little at a time and hopefully I will have a good plan in place before I'm done gathering everything lol. Good luck to you, let me know what you settle on and how it comes out :)

PCPartPicker List