Games keep on stuttering.

Hello, I have a i7 4790, GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Single Channel RAM, 1TB HDD, 500W Corsair PSU. I have had this issue for a year where any game I would play such as H1Z1, DayZ, GTA5, Unknownplayer Battlegrounds and War Frame I would start to stutter. Sometimes the stutter starts from the start of the game, or even sometimes 10min into gameplay. I kept thinking to myself maybe the game has poor optimization but there are people with worse PC's that me that can atleast run it smoothly around 40-60fps on low/medium settings. All of the temperatures are pretty even. I've kept thinking maybe it's the CPU because I upgraded it from a i3 and plus my CPU is second hand. Then I'm thinking it could be the GPU, so then I had a spare GPU laying around (GT 740) and I was getting low FPS but then started stuttering like I was with my GTX 960. So can anyone help me how can I see what hardware could be causing this awful annoying ass stutter I keep on coming across on most of the games I play on. I shouldn't be running Low/Med on a i7 with a GTX 960.

Here are few videos of my gameplay:

Put another stick of 8gb ram in, your ram usage  is pretty high and your game is probably on a pagefile

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

14 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

Put another stick of 8gb ram in, your ram usage  is pretty high and your game is probably on a pagefile

High ram usage, how high should it be?

in your videos its saying 7.2gb that's pretty high, meaning a lot of stuff will be pushed onto the pagefile, which runs like shit compared to ram

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

It could be RAM or CPU be because when I play Star citizen my CPU is maxed out and it starts stuttering but when i am i my hangar the CPU use go down to 70% and the game stops stuttering.

• 1 year later...

I think it's because of the ram. The cpu is already powerful enough to handle that GPU. No way those two are going to bottleneck.

This exact issue has been covered by a lovely helpful LTT user several months ago.

Open CMD as administrator, now type this command in:

bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes

Press enter, reset computer.

This should fix your issue. Apparently it's a timing setting in windows that has changed and causing a conflict or something.

Goodluck!

P.s. I just found the link:

I noticed we are nearly a year late to help you though lol.

B

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2017 at 7:42 PM, r3mixguy said:

Hello, I have a i7 4790, GTX 960 2GB, 8GB Single Channel RAM, 1TB HDD, 500W Corsair PSU. I have had this issue for a year where any game I would play such as H1Z1, DayZ, GTA5, Unknownplayer Battlegrounds and War Frame I would start to stutter. Sometimes the stutter starts from the start of the game, or even sometimes 10min into gameplay. I kept thinking to myself maybe the game has poor optimization but there are people with worse PC's that me that can atleast run it smoothly around 40-60fps on low/medium settings. All of the temperatures are pretty even. I've kept thinking maybe it's the CPU because I upgraded it from a i3 and plus my CPU is second hand. Then I'm thinking it could be the GPU, so then I had a spare GPU laying around (GT 740) and I was getting low FPS but then started stuttering like I was with my GTX 960. So can anyone help me how can I see what hardware could be causing this awful annoying ass stutter I keep on coming across on most of the games I play on. I shouldn't be running Low/Med on a i7 with a GTX 960.

Here are few videos of my gameplay:

What software did you use to benchmark your fps?