H220 worth it?

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,

The copper fins on the H220 give it better performance than the H100i.

The stock fans are of good design, yes they are essentially cheaper Gentle Typhoons, using sleeve bearings which won't last as long as other types.  The Gentle Typhoons use a long-lasting double ball bearing.

So the price difference in the UK between a h100i and the H220 is around £25 and to be honest, i'm not so sure if it is worth the price premium. As they are both the same size rads, their performance must be pretty similar. Also are the stock fans on the H220 ok?

I think people have mixed opinions about those fans... whilst some people seem to think they are cheaper copies of the gentle typhoons, others like them.

Edit: If I had to choose between them I would go with the H220 even it's £25 more. I like the design, and the fact that you can add things to the loop.

Edited by simtransporter

H220 is amazing, get it.

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The stock fans are of good design, yes they are essentially cheaper Gentle Typhoons, using sleeve bearings which won't last as long as other types.  The Gentle Typhoons use a long-lasting double ball bearing.

I love mine!

Definitely worth it

Plus the potential eexpandability

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

did_somebody_say_moderator_by_hummy77-d5

Added spoiler to excessively giant image ;)

—Mod Glenwing

The H220 is waaay better

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

love my h220 , just expanded tonight with 290x block and second rad....temps are great

get it over the h100i or whatever because the pump is much more powerful and you have the option to expand with no worries

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4