My network card doesn't work in my pc

Hello there,

A few weeks ago i moved my pc downstairs because parentss :dry:

So i needed to run a ethernet cable across the hall to the living room xD

But today i taught what if i use my old pci network adapter instead of that bloody cable...

So i put in my network card in my pc but it doesn't work :( 

Things i've tried so far (Other card slot,different versions of drivers,device manager(doesn't show up),network adapter settings, launching it as an administrator and tried launching it in safe mode) but it all doesn't work.
So i taught it was fried but i placed it in a other pc with windows 8 and there it worked....

So i think the problem is my windows version (windows 10) but Tp-link says that it works on windows 10 so i ran out of ideas so i taught lets ask the people here :D

Hope you guys have a solution !

Network card: http://nl.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-11_TL-WDN4800.html

Fabian

Are you installing drivers?

edit - The drivers page does not list support for windows 10

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

6 minutes ago, Fapkeee said:

Hello there,

A few weeks ago i moved my pc downstairs because parentss :dry:

So i needed to run a ethernet cable across the hall to the living room xD

But today i taught what if i use my old pci network adapter instead of that bloody cable...

So i put in my network card in my pc but it doesn't work :( 

Things i've tried so far (Other card slot,different versions of drivers,device manager(doesn't show up),network adapter settings, launching it as an administrator and tried launching it in safe mode) but it all doesn't work.
So i taught it was fried but i placed it in a other pc with windows 8 and there it worked....

So i think the problem is my windows version (windows 10) but Tp-link says that it works on windows 10 so i ran out of ideas so i taught lets ask the people here :D

Hope you guys have a solution !

Network card: http://nl.tp-link.com/products/details/cat-11_TL-WDN4800.html

Fabian

The easiest thing to say is that it's your drivers. but you seem to have already tried that. But what you could do is see if there are any other drivers that are conflicting.

some blue circle

4 minutes ago, Krominicon said:

The easiest thing to say is that it's your drivers. but you seem to have already tried that. But what you could do is see if there are any other drivers that are conflicting.

How do i know if there are any drivers conflicting ? It also doesn't show up in device manager not even as a unknown or something like that ?

3 minutes ago, Fapkeee said:

How do i know if there are any drivers conflicting ? It also doesn't show up in device manager not even as a unknown or something like that ?

when you're in device manager you can click the view tab and select 'show hidden items' or something like that. it will show you all of the device drivers that are installed. I had an issue where my desktop would BSOD after only a few moments of use, or games would crash. As it turned out I had some random AMD driver conflicting with my NVIDIA drivers. So I just uninstalled those AMD drivers and it fixed everything. 

But it could honestly be a hardware issue too. but I don't know why it would be if you were able to test it on a different computer. Maybe your motherboard isn't compatible? but that would be ridiculous.

some blue circle

7 minutes ago, Krominicon said:

when you're in device manager you can click the view tab and select 'show hidden items' or something like that. it will show you all of the device drivers that are installed. I had an issue where my desktop would BSOD after only a few moments of use, or games would crash. As it turned out I had some random AMD driver conflicting with my NVIDIA drivers. So I just uninstalled those AMD drivers and it fixed everything. 

But it could honestly be a hardware issue too. but I don't know why it would be if you were able to test it on a different computer. Maybe your motherboard isn't compatible? but that would be ridiculous.

There was a unknown device i removed it, rebooted my pc but doesn't make a difference :( My mobo is a Asus Z97-A don't know if that one has incompatibility problems 

1 minute ago, Fapkeee said:

There was a unknown device i removed it, rebooted my pc but doesn't make a difference :( My mobo is a Asus Z97-A don't know if that one has incompatibility problems 

Are you installing the card into the proper slot? Because I don't see any issues. You have a fairly new mobo. 

some blue circle

6 minutes ago, Krominicon said:

Are you installing the card into the proper slot? Because I don't see any issues. You have a fairly new mobo. 

I think, lemme take a picture :D  

IMG_5765.JPG

so everything looks fine there. At this point I don't know. It could just be windows being finicky or something. It could be some other hardware of yours conflicting. I'm obviously not the best at this, and I don't know a whole lot about wifi cards. From what i've seen you've done everything right. There's just something totally random... maybe. don't quote me on that.

some blue circle

Just now, Krominicon said:

so everything looks fine there. At this point I don't know. It could just be windows being finicky or something. It could be some other hardware of yours conflicting. I'm obviously not the best at this, and I don't know a whole lot about wifi cards. From what i've seen you've done everything right. There's just something totally random... maybe. don't quote me on that.

Ok thanks for your help ! Guess im just not lucky :(