Will SpeedFan Run in the Background?

Do I have to keep my SpeedFan program open at all times, or will it monitor temps and keep fan speed going accordingly while it's not technically open? 
Also, can I run SpeedFan on startup? There are a couple of videos but I'm just wondering.

when you close speedfan it'll be sent to the tray, so it'll run in the background. you don't have to run it in the foreground 

9 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

when you close speedfan it'll be sent to the tray, so it'll run in the background. you don't have to run it in the foreground 

you have to set that in the options though.

12 minutes ago, ASAP_Gooby said:

Do I have to keep my SpeedFan program open at all times, or will it monitor temps and keep fan speed going accordingly while it's not technically open? 
Also, can I run SpeedFan on startup? There are a couple of videos but I'm just wondering.

please tell me how you get it to start with windows. I tried creating a service, I tried the autostart folder, ..... litterally everything i could think of or find but nothing worked.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

Just now, GER_T4IGA said:

you have to set that in the options though.

please tell me how you get it to start with windows. I tried creating a service, I tried the autostart folder, ..... litterally everything i could think of or find but nothing worked.

i had to set up a startup service telling windows 10 to start speedfan at boot up. there is a slight lag when you boot with an ssd but it works 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i had to set up a startup service telling windows 10 to start speedfan at boot up. there is a slight lag when you boot with an ssd but it works 

I had that with Win7, and it worked. The I went to Win10 and it doesn't anymore. i tried everything but I might try taht one more thime if you got it to work. Thanks :)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system