New video card...

Dorustr

Hello Guys,

I currently have a 1060 with a Freesync monitor and i was going to upgrade to a 1070. Now my question is should i upgrade to 1070 nvidia card or look for a new amd card too work it with my monitor? And is it worth it using Freesync?

Regards Dorush

2 minutes ago, Dorustr said:

Hello Guys,

I currently have a 1060 with a Freesync monitor and i was going to upgrade to a 1070. Now my question is should i upgrade to 1070 nvidia card or look for a new amd card too work it with my monitor? And is it worth it using Freesync?

Regards Dorush

if you're interested in getting an amd card, if you don't mind waiting, it might be worth seeing what vega has to other before committing to a 1070 or anything from amds current range 

8 minutes ago, Dorustr said:

Hello Guys,

Regards Dorush

If you were going to upgrade anyway, I'd wait for the AMD Vega cards. The current highest performer from AMD, the Fury X (which I have), is a tad slower than the 1070.

And yeah, I have Freesync on my monitor and I love it. It makes 40-50 FPS look like 60+ FPS (the same feeling of "smoothness"), but you wouldn't really get down to that level with a Fury (X) unless you're playing in 1440p/4K or with supersampling on (or badly optimized games).

My current build :

Hurricane Mk.I

• CPU - Intel Core i5-4690K @ 4.6 GHz ~ 1.25V
  • Cooling - Corsair H60 2013 Edition
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 (mATX)
  • RAM - 16 GB DDR3-1600 Avexir Core Series (Red LEDs)
  • GPU - XFX Radeon R9 Fury X @ 1100/500 MHz -24 mV
  • Case - CoolerMaster MasterCase Pro 3
  • SSD - 256 GB ADATA SX900
  • HDD - 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
  • PSU - Corsair RM750 (750W 80+ Gold)
  • Display - LG 34UM67-P Ultrawide (Freesync)
  • Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire TK (Cherry MX Red) + CM Masterkeys Pro S RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
  • Mouse - Razer DeathAdder 2013
  • Audio - Sennheiser HD598 SE with detachable mic
  • OS - Windows 10 Home Edition
  • VR - Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality Headset
  • Laptop - ASUS K501LX with i7-5500U and GTX 950M