Dell 2716DG Help

flyguy3

I currently have no idea what's wrong.

So my Dell 2716dg was working fine until I unplugged everything and cleaned up my desk area. Backtrack a few day, I assumed the DP cable was broken because ONE of my monitors was flickering. I proceed to buy a new DP cable. Now with the New DP cable, my display is running a super weird resolution of 720x576@ 50hz. I do not believe this is a problem with my GPU as when I switch the monitor from DP to HDMI the monitor works flawlessly (Though locked at 60hz)

I am all ears to hear suggestions. 

2 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

did you try to change the resolution back to 1440p 144hz? 

Yes, i did. However when i do that the display goes black. And starts cycling though Power Saving Mode. I have went into the monitor manually and disabled Deep Sleep Mode.  However it does not seem to do anything. 

I try to revert the monitor back to !080p and it works flawlessly

1 minute ago, flyguy3 said:

Yes, i did. However when i do that the display goes black. And starts cycling though Power Saving Mode. I have went into the monitor manually and disabled Deep Sleep Mode.  However it does not seem to do anything. 

I try to revert the monitor back to !080p and it works flawlessly

hmm do you have a spare GPU lying around? or use the iGPU (plug the monitor to your onboard mobo)? 

7 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

did you try to change the resolution back to 1440p 144hz? 

Going into Display Adapter Properties and setting the monitor to 144hz completely blanks out the monitor. However. the monitor is no accepting that 2560x1440 is a valid resolution. 

Just now, Technicolors said:

hmm do you have a spare GPU lying around? or use the iGPU (plug the monitor to your onboard mobo)? 

I do not have a spare GPU. I don't believe it is the GPU that is being finicky, though. I have my side monitor running flawlessly. It can do everything, i just understand why it wont do it..

2 minutes ago, flyguy3 said:

I do not have a spare GPU. I don't believe it is the GPU that is being finicky, though. I have my side monitor running flawlessly. It can do everything, i just understand why it wont do it..

3fefb9cddd6eda5becc1d6aee64bd8ae.png Well, slowly inching up the monitor Hz only goes up to 85Hz and anything past it just puts the monitor into deep sleep mode.

2 hours ago, flyguy3 said:

Well, slowly inching up the monitor Hz only goes up to 85Hz and anything past it just puts the monitor into deep sleep mode.

maybe you can arrange an RMA 

57 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

maybe you can arrange an RMA 

Well, i just revert back to the old cable. And i pushed it up to 144hz but once again the flickering came back. So i have no idea whats wrong. Either i got cucked by both cable or somethings up

On 3/3/2017 at 5:21 PM, flyguy3 said:

Well, i just revert back to the old cable. And i pushed it up to 144hz but once again the flickering came back. So i have no idea whats wrong. Either i got cucked by both cable or somethings up

Well I'm a monkey, my first cable was defected. My newer cable only supported 85hz. So there's that. Thanks for helping my stupidity. 

Tifu