First Time PC Build

Hello guys,

I'm new to this community, so I hope to get along with you all :)

I'm doing my first DIY PC and my budget is around 800 USD, maybe a little more. I live in India so the value changes from time to time but to be absolute, I have 55000 INR to complete this. I already have a SSD, so I didn't add any new (also due to tight budget lol) and I don't really need a DVD/Blu-Ray Reader/Writer currently, so left that out too. I would mostly do gaming and little video editing.

Here's the link of my build: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/rGhPcc

If the site opens with US as location, please change it to India because it will most likely will be a lot cheaper there.

I made the whole setup with about 4-5 days of research, so there may be some stupid parts picked by me. I'm not really an expert lol.

So guys please share you thoughts and suggestion, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you so much. ^_^^_^^_^

Wait a second

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

"It's like a fish with no internet" -Linus Sebastian, 2016

Why isn't the case listed in PCpartpicker? There is no price

AMD FX-6100 @4.2GHz / Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ 8GB / Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 / Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz 8GB / Adata S510 128GB / Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB / Alpenföhn Brocken ECO /  EVGA GQ 650 / Fractal Design Core 2500 / Fractal Design Venturi HF Fans / 

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/9cPxNN

Ok I updated the list: I went with a better quality PSU, faster RAM (also dual channel), an RX480 (more VRAM, better performance in DX12, better performance in the future), a good budget case

Just now, tbsgbhrdt said:

Ok I updated the list: I went with a better quality PSU, faster RAM (also dual channel), an RX480 (more VRAM, better performance in DX12, better performance in the future), a good budget case

thats still a bs psu, they are in the same tier...

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

2 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

thats still a bs psu...

Well, I can speak form experience: It is a decent quality unit, it runs very quiet and it is very cheap. One of the only cheap PSUs I'd buy. I have used this PSU for several PC builds and every time, me and my "clients" were happy with the PSU. 

Edited by tbsgbhrdt
misspelled word

6 minutes ago, tbsgbhrdt said:

Why isn't the case listed in PCpartpicker? There is no price

Ugh.......Sorry :P

I kinda forget about that, I have updated the list.

4 minutes ago, tbsgbhrdt said:

And I really don't know much about Graphic Card, so Thanks.

Oh, but I chose 8 gb stick because I would upgrade the RAM to 32 gb in near future (1-2 months)

at this point, you must get better quality psu, or this pc will not stand more than a month or less... So this is what i'd get

PCPartPicker part list: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/n9Qz9W
Price breakdown by merchant: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/n9Qz9W/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (₹18300.00 @ Amazon India) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (₹3240.00 @ Amazon India) 
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  (₹10217.42 @ Amazon India) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  (₹4500.00 @ Amazon India) 
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card  (₹13036.21 @ Amazon India) 
Case: Thermaltake Versa N21 ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (₹10877.00 @ Amazon India) 
Total: ₹60170.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-28 00:24 IST+0530

Remember to quote me (or someone else), otherwise we won't going to recieve your answers...

PC Specs                   PCPartpicker full performance builds (from350$-1250$)

6 minutes ago, Blackhole890 said:

then try getting 16gbx2, 8x4? for dual-channel

Ugh....I actually never thought of using 16gbx2 *nervous laugh*

EDIT: Sorry for the deleted part, I think I'm kinda out of my mind currently.

Thanks dude.

Actually guys, I want to confirm about the  Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card.

There are some videos on youtube and forums which say it has many issues and overheating problem due to only having one fan. So, are they actually true? If yes, can anyone suggest me a equal or better Graphics Card.

Just now, Shanrik said:

Actually guys, I want to confirm about the  Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Mini Video Card.

There are some videos on youtube and forums which say it has many issues and overheating problem due to only having one fan. So, are they actually true? If yes, can anyone suggest me a equal or better Graphics Card.

The cooler on there is very small so it could overheat or be very very loud

4 hours ago, tbsgbhrdt said:

Oh my god, how pathetic. The corsair CX is a bad PSU, it is low quality. The EVGA 430W/500W are quite good quality, definetly nothing to complain.

from where did you got that info? i would check BEFORE talking...

4 hours ago, Shanrik said:

temp.png

source: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_1060_Mini_3_GB/33.html