G4400 driver issues or dodgy motherboard?

Hello! 

I've just completed a build for my parents, just a simple little machine for browsing the web and word processing. I have been running it on and off for a couple of days copying data etc and the screen as started to flicker on and off every minute or so. At first it could be the cable (VGA) or the monitor so I swapped out both. With the new screen the display will go black and then the desktop will come back but the taskbar will be black with no cursor. Ctrl Alt Delete just brings up a black screen. I have uninstalled the display driver and reinstalled several different ones using the Intel system scanner (not all at the same time!). Still the same issue. Now i'm thinking it could be the port on the board? I will test with a DVI later (I'm at work) and see if that has any effect. The CPU is the G4400 running on an Asus H110 I-Plus mobo with 8GB of RAM. The G4400 is running Intel HD 510 graphics. There is no GPU in the machine. Any help would be great!!

Tried a diffrent cable? :ph34r:

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

Thanks for the replies! I've tested the cable and monitor! I was hoping I wouldn't have to RMA the board!