DSLR Help & Advice

Go to solution Solved by electrolux,
1 minute ago, KillerWolf17 said:

Ive actually decided on the Nikon D5300 with the 18-55mm and 70-300mm lens which is on sale for 600$ at costco. thanks for the reccomendation btw! that is definitely a nice camera!

Thats actually quite a bargain :o Nice choice and happy shooting!

I want to buy a DSLR by the beginning of May, but I dont know what to get!

I have been using my friends Nikon D3300 to learn how to use it so im familiar with the nikon UI.

Right now im thinking about the Nikon D5300 because it has more video capabilities and a rotatable display.

I want reccomendations for cameras at 600 USD and image quality is my priority.

reccomend anything!

thanks!

Have you considered going for a mirrorless option? There is absolutely no advantage to buying a DSLR unless you are shooting fast paced action which requires and optical viewfinder.

Something like the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II comes in at $600 with a 14-42 lens, I have the older Mk1 variant which I bought used for about half the price and its absolutely faultless.

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-14-42mm/dp/B01CIXJIHW/

Getting used to the UI shouldn't be a problem after a couple of weeks.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P

2 minutes ago, electrolux said:

Have you considered going for a mirrorless option? There is absolutely no advantage to buying a DSLR unless you are a professional sports shooter who needs an optical view finder.

Something like the Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark II comes in at $600 with a 14-42 lens, I have the older Mk1 variant which I bought used for about half the price and its absolutely faultless.

https://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Mirrorless-Digital-Camera-14-42mm/dp/B01CIXJIHW/

Ive actually decided on the Nikon D5300 with the 18-55mm and 70-300mm lens which is on sale for 600$ at costco. thanks for the reccomendation btw! that is definitely a nice camera!

1 minute ago, KillerWolf17 said:

Thats actually quite a bargain :o Nice choice and happy shooting!

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it. :P