ok so im about to upgrade my old gaming computer that is from 2007 i have a gd45id motherboard, a pentium e6300, 4 gb of ddr2  i have a evga 650 ti gpu  650 watt psu and a 1 tb hdd im not to worried about the gpu, psu and hdd i have about 200 to spend on a mobo ram and cpu  i was thinking about going with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xPG2qs let me know otherwise. please help me i have no idea what im doing lol and i would like to try to overclock just in case 

Don't do that.

G4560 + H110 Motherboard + 8GB DDR4

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

if you wait a little while you might be able to get something from the ryzen 5 or 3 series when they come out but who knows when they will come out

1 minute ago, RadiatingLight said:

Don't do that.

G4560 + H110 Motherboard + 8GB DDR4

but its a dual core 

1 minute ago, Damnkid said:

but its a dual core 

It is, but it has hyperthreading, and the IPC is so much better than AMD that it compensates. they're about equal, and you can get DDR4 for the future, and it has an upgrade path.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

1 minute ago, Damnkid said:

but its a dual core 

probably won't matter it will still be a fair bit better than what you have but if you can wait for the lower end ryzen 

The new pentiums are dual core hyperthreaded i.e. an i3. Just make sure to also get a 200 series chipset i.e. B250 / Z270 / H210 etc...

as long as i can play gta 5 and bf1 and some triple A tittles i dont really care if i go amd or intel aslong as its the best budget 

Definitely don't get that AMD cpu. They are right. Stick with the pentium 

On 2/22/2017 at 5:49 PM, fanchazstic said:

Definitely don't get that AMD cpu. They are right. Stick with the pentium 

On 2/22/2017 at 3:47 PM, Tb428 said:

the ryzen 3 1100 is rumored to be $129 and have 4 cores no hyperthreading 

On 2/22/2017 at 3:35 PM, AI3X said:

The new pentiums are dual core hyperthreaded i.e. an i3. Just make sure to also get a 200 series chipset i.e. B250 / Z270 / H210 etc...

hey what do you guys think about this, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WcdZjc or this cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 (OEM/Tray) its 3.3ghz

because id rather save money now so i can do a whole rebuild in September i will do a full upgrade mobo, cpu, gpu and ram. Than i will be able to put like 1000 or so into it and get maybe a i7 and a 1060  or something ill be back on here when that time comes so i can get everyones opinion  

On 2/24/2017 at 3:24 PM, Damnkid said:

hey what do you guys think about this, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/WcdZjc or this cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 (OEM/Tray) its 3.3ghz

because id rather save money now so i can do a whole rebuild in September i will do a full upgrade mobo, cpu, gpu and ram. Than i will be able to put like 1000 or so into it and get maybe a i7 and a 1060  or something ill be back on here when that time comes so i can get everyones opinion  

a core 2 duo will be worse than your current pentium might just want to stay with your current setup for now if it still works and wait for till you can do a full upgrade $200 won't get you very much better than you have