Some suggestions / help? :D

Dimmizer
Go to solution Solved by Bazilias,
5 minutes ago, Dimmizer said:

Mkayy.. but so the 212 EVO is good enough for a 6800k or a 5280k? enough cooling you think as long as it's not be OCed or anything?

Yes, Even if you overclock it, it can handle it.

A friend of mine has about $3000 to build a new PC.. I was like you don't even need that much save some of the money and get a good gaming chair or monitor or something idk..

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/XJGM6X

Now.. He DOESN'T wanna overclock at all but he does wanna be able to play multiple games and have other stuff in the background running and streaming on Twitch which is why I went with the 5820k and I compared this with the 6800k and just didn't see the REAL differences in performance..

I wanted to know would the Hyper EVO 212 be fine enough or should I go with a AIO like a H100 or a Kraken? I need to make some other changes here n there.. he wont have the money together for the rig for at least some months till federal tax return comes but it's just to get things priced and just keep an eye on prices and hope for the best deals etc..

Any other feedback and help is welcome :D.

if he has 3000 dollar, maybe do a stream pc and game pc setup so he can have a better stream quality. if this is not what he is looking for. i wouldn`t have any better options

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6800K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($409.69 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($27.88 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus X99-A II ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($239.53 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($139.99 @ Best Buy)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.88 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($584.89 @ B&H)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($584.89 @ B&H)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.97 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($88.58 @ OutletPC)
Total: $2548.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-08 08:25 EST-0500

2 minutes ago, Tauwer said:

if he has 3000 dollar, maybe do a stream pc and game pc setup so he can have a better stream quality. if this is not what he is looking for. i wouldn`t have any better options

He says he doesn't have the room for the 2 machines and it's a lot more :effort: to him n what not.. the streaming is mainly just to do for fun for now but maybe later in the future if it goes well then he could expand and look @ getting more room like a streaming office or something. He just wants 1 PC that will do it all.

2 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($27.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($88.88 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($88.89 @ OutletPC)

isn`t 2 1080`s a bit of overkill?

one of them should support everything on ultra the second one wont be used for much at all only if he streams doom at 4k ultra settings maybe

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

isn`t 2 1080`s a bit of overkill?

one of them should support everything on ultra the second one wont be used for much at all only if he streams doom at 4k ultra settings maybe

Budget is $3000 so why not ad 2 GTX 1080's? He's still saving $450. He could get rid of one GTX 1080 and add 2 144Hz monitors instead.

6 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

How reputable are those other vendors?? I've always used Newegg or Amazon as does my friend because everytime we've ordered from the other compaines we just get shit hardware that is DOA or doesnt work and have to spend a rediculous amount of time and effort to get the parts all the shipping back n forth etc.. It's just easier to use Newegg and or Amazon because at least we know the stuff we're getting works 90% of the time.. sure DOA can happen with Newegg or Amazon but in the 12 years I've ordered from either of them I think I've had 1 maybe 2 problems EVER.

Edit: yeah I know newegg/amazon might be a bit more expensive or not the cheapest but it works right the 1st time.

1 minute ago, RaptorCandy said:

Budget is $3000 so why not ad 2 GTX 1080's? He's still saving $450. He could get rid of one GTX 1080 and add 2 144Hz monitors instead.

yeah good call, though maybe when he does buy 2 he can later put it in the streaming pc (if he goes for that)

2 minutes ago, Dimmizer said:

How reputable are those other vendors?? I've always used Newegg or Amazon as does my friend because everytime we've ordered from the other compaines we just get shit hardware that is DOA or doesnt work and have to spend a rediculous amount of time and effort to get the parts all the shipping back n forth etc.. It's just easier to use Newegg and or Amazon because at least we know the stuff we're getting works 90% of the time.. sure DOA can happen with Newegg or Amazon but in the 12 years I've ordered from either of them I think I've had 1 maybe 2 problems EVER.

You could change it in PCP but the price may be different. It would depend on the prices from those vendors.

You could change it in PCP but the price may be different. It would depend on the prices from those vendors.

yeah, i knew i could change it in PCP just was asking like do you buy from those other vendors and have problems ever or do you generally just stick to like Newegg/Amazon and maybe NCIX?

1 minute ago, Dimmizer said:

yeah, i knew i could change it in PCP just was asking like do you buy from those other vendors and have problems ever or do you generally just stick to like Newegg/Amazon and maybe NCIX?

No, I live in The Netherlands so I buy parts from our local stores or Dutch sites that sell PC parts. I could buy from Newegg/Amazon/NCIX but I would have to pay a lot of shipping costs and maybe taxes too. You could try to buy the parts from the different vendors and if the parts are DOA you can send them back and ask for your money and then go buy the part at Newegg or Amazon. It's just preference tbh.

5 minutes ago, RaptorCandy said:

No, I live in The Netherlands so I buy parts from our local stores or Dutch sites that sell PC parts. I could buy from Newegg/Amazon/NCIX but I would have to pay a lot of shipping costs and maybe taxes too. You could try to buy the parts from the different vendors and if the parts are DOA you can send them back and ask for your money and then go buy the part at Newegg or Amazon. It's just preference tbh.

Mkayy.. but so the 212 EVO is good enough for a 6800k or a 5280k? enough cooling you think as long as it's not be OCed or anything?

5 minutes ago, Dimmizer said:

Thanks for your help.

Few thing from original build. For $3000, DON'T get SSDNow V300 SSDs. Those are entry level drives. For that kind of budget, heck any $700+ budget, get at least HyperX Fury SSDs. But I would even get something bit better like Plextor or Samsung EVO class.

As for cooler, again, with that kind of budget having just 212 Evo is just odd choice. Yes, it will be fine. But there are better options in same price range. be Quiet! Pure Rock is good example, though I would go for Dark Rock 3.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Few thing from original build. For $3000, DON'T get SSDNow V300 SSDs. Those are entry level drives. For that kind of budget, heck any $700+ budget, get at least HyperX Fury SSDs. But I would even get something bit better like Plextor or Samsung EVO class.

As for cooler, again, with that kind of budget having just 212 Evo is just odd choice. Yes, it will be fine. But there are better options in same price range. be Quiet! Pure Rock is good example, though I would go for Dark Rock 3.

He has a $3000 budget but I am also trying to be efficient and get him good hardware for good price.. he thinks because he spends $3000 he'll have a BOMB ASS PC when in reality he can spend WAY less and still have more than good enough machine to do the things he wants and even have money left over for games or peripherals or w.e.

I understand like yeah you can easily spend a stupid amount of money on a system but it comes to the whole price to performance.. it eventually gets to a point where the money ur spending really isn't doing awhole lot for you and at that point it just becomes a waste of money.. I wanna find that sweet spot where he is still getting a really nice machine that will last him more than enough time and be able to do all the things he wants without really hitting that $3k mark..

9 minutes ago, Dimmizer said:

He has a $3000 budget but I am also trying to be efficient and get him good hardware for good price.. he thinks because he spends $3000 he'll have a BOMB ASS PC when in reality he can spend WAY less and still have more than good enough machine to do the things he wants and even have money left over for games or peripherals or w.e.

I understand like yeah you can easily spend a stupid amount of money on a system but it comes to the whole price to performance.. it eventually gets to a point where the money ur spending really isn't doing awhole lot for you and at that point it just becomes a waste of money.. I wanna find that sweet spot where he is still getting a really nice machine that will last him more than enough time and be able to do all the things he wants without really hitting that $3k mark..

Ok, but getting entry level SSDs isn't very efficient. There are cheap SSDs which have enough performance. Like HyperX Fury ones. Same with coolers. Cryorigs M9i and H7 plus be Quiet!'s Pure Rock will all beat 212 Evo at the same price range.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

24 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ok, but getting entry level SSDs isn't very efficient. There are cheap SSDs which have enough performance. Like HyperX Fury ones. Same with coolers. Cryorigs M9i and H7 plus be Quiet!'s Pure Rock will all beat 212 Evo at the same price range.

Aighty I'll go ahead and upgrade the SSD's for sure and I'll look @ the coolers a bit more but so far from what I can see about the Cryorigs and Be Quiet like they seem pretty much the same as the 212.. all 120mm fans and same base designs.. how are they better than the 212? Doesn't seem like their fans have any higher CFM than the 212 or anything.

The H7 looks cool with the different kind of fin design

1 hour ago, Dimmizer said:

Aighty I'll go ahead and upgrade the SSD's for sure and I'll look @ the coolers a bit more but so far from what I can see about the Cryorigs and Be Quiet like they seem pretty much the same as the 212.. all 120mm fans and same base designs.. how are they better than the 212? Doesn't seem like their fans have any higher CFM than the 212 or anything.

The H7 looks cool with the different kind of fin design

Different fans, different design. Reviews tell more than just specs. Pure Rock is best of them with least noise and highest performance. H7 is about same with 212 Evo in terms of performance, but looks better and is in some regions cheaper. M9i is cheapest and smallest of the bunch and according to reviews it too beats 212 Evo.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv