File Management and backup solutions?

GhostRavenstorm

I need some ideas on how to properly manage multiple external drives I have and put them on an automatic backup schedule to internal drives on my desktop. I've tried software like Synkron and FreeFileSync, but none of that really does justice for me. I'm trying to figure out how file history on 8.1 works, but it seems to only want to copy my user file under C:/ which is not what I want. I keep nothing on C:/ of any value. I guess in 8.1 I can try adding each root directory as a library, but that's lame and gimmicky, also I can't seem to select which libraries it backups; it just assumes all of it. 

10 hours ago, GhostRavenstorm@gmail.com said:

I need some ideas on how to properly manage multiple external drives I have and put them on an automatic backup schedule to internal drives on my desktop. I've tried software like Synkron and FreeFileSync, but none of that really does justice for me. I'm trying to figure out how file history on 8.1 works, but it seems to only want to copy my user file under C:/ which is not what I want. I keep nothing on C:/ of any value. I guess in 8.1 I can try adding each root directory as a library, but that's lame and gimmicky, also I can't seem to select which libraries it backups; it just assumes all of it. 

I'm confused by what it is your trying to do.

If you could try re-wording your post a bit better, it may be easier for someone to help you.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

On 1/18/2017 at 9:38 AM, Eniqmatic said:

I'm confused by what it is your trying to do.

If you could try re-wording your post a bit better, it may be easier for someone to help you.

I want my external drives to automatically copy everything to internal drives with revision history.