Help with keyboards pls

Go to solution Solved by Aleks NE,

I would recommend the Razer Switches, they are similar to the blue but i wouldn't call them knockoff as the are some diffrences. But Cherry MX Blue switches are also fantastic i personally prefer the razer switches and would 100% recommend you the Razer Tournament Edition keyboard, However its not backlit so it would take some time getting used too if your coming from a backlit one.Or you can spend 100 more and get the backlit one.

Hello, I'm building a new gaming setup and I wanted help picking a keyboard.

- Logitech G610 Orion Brown (Cherry MX Brown)

- Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Blue)

- Razer Ornata Chroma (Mecha-Membrane)

- Razer Blackwidow X TE Chroma (Razer Switches) (I think there a knockoff of blues)

- And any other keyboards that you guys might recommend

- Thanks, Jamie

I would recommend the Razer Switches, they are similar to the blue but i wouldn't call them knockoff as the are some diffrences. But Cherry MX Blue switches are also fantastic i personally prefer the razer switches and would 100% recommend you the Razer Tournament Edition keyboard, However its not backlit so it would take some time getting used too if your coming from a backlit one.Or you can spend 100 more and get the backlit one.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

Thanks

I don't have any experience with any of the keyboards you mentioned but I can definitely say that MX Browns are really nice switches. I use a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with Browns and it's just an absolute joy to use for both gaming and typing. It really comes down to your own personal preference. I recommend going to your local computer store and just try out the various switches. I personally don't like the design of the Steelseries keyboards but this also is a matter of preference.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

The Apex M500 and the  Razer Ornata Chroma are both nice keyboards. The Razer one has a wrist rest if I'm not mistaken, which is always nice. 

As for keyboards that you might be interested in and haven't listed, but cost around the same (list is Price low to high and based on UK prices): 

• Corsair Master Quickfire XTi 
  • Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
  • Corsair CH-9110010 

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

21 minutes ago, said:

I won't, it really loud and annoying, you could get cheaper a blue switch keyboard from another manufacturer such as Ducky,WASD,corsair, coolermaster and many more. A gaming mechanical keyboard are overpriced and most of time marketing scam. I would stick with real MX Cherry, personally i have MX Blues my previous keyboard was razer chroma, the keyboard was great all but i felt i over paid for the product you could get similar at lower cost with sometime better built quality. You could spend same price on razer keyboard on different brand with at least a standard colour back lighting or 10keyless RGB. 

In the end you should go try out the different type of switches in store or buy switch tester. If you also can test the keyboard in store. 

Magical Pineapples

29 minutes ago, MrUnknownEMC said:

I won't, it really loud and annoying, you could get cheaper a blue switch keyboard from another manufacturer such as Ducky,WASD,corsair, coolermaster and many more. A gaming mechanical keyboard are overpriced and most of time marketing scam. I would stick with real MX Cherry, personally i have MX Blues my previous keyboard was razer chroma, the keyboard was great all but i felt i over paid for the product you could get similar at lower cost with sometime better built quality. You could spend same price on razer keyboard on different brand with at least a standard colour back lighting or 10keyless RGB. 

In the end you should go try out the different type of switches in store or buy switch tester. If you also can test the keyboard in store. 

It's really all up to personal preference, a lot of people will have different opinions and i totally understand your argument about Razer products being overpriced because about half of them are.

8 minutes ago, said:

It's really all up to personal preference, a lot of people will have different opinions and i totally understand your argument about Razer products being overpriced because about half of them are.

What like Apple Macs (Desktop Ones the laptops are okay-ish)

- Jamie

42 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

The Razer one has a wrist rest if I'm not mistaken

You are not mistaken.

- Jamie

41 minutes ago, Rhyss said:

The Apex M500 and the  Razer Ornata Chroma are both nice keyboards. The Razer one has a wrist rest if I'm not mistaken, which is always nice. 

As for keyboards that you might be interested in and haven't listed, but cost around the same (list is Price low to high and based on UK prices): 

• Corsair Master Quickfire XTi 
  • Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
  • Corsair CH-9110010 

Thanks for the suggestions.

- Jamie

57 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

I don't have any experience with any of the keyboards you mentioned but I can definitely say that MX Browns are really nice switches. I use a Corsair K70 Lux RGB with Browns and it's just an absolute joy to use for both gaming and typing. It really comes down to your own personal preference. I recommend going to your local computer store and just try out the various switches. I personally don't like the design of the Steelseries keyboards but this also is a matter of preference.

The K70 does feel very nice, but without the clickness.

10 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

What like Apple Macs (Desktop Ones the laptops are okay-ish)

- Jamie

Yes, but i would have to disagree with the part about the laptops they are still shit.

1 minute ago, <Aleks> said:

Yes, but i would have to disagree with the part about the laptops they are still shit.

But the build quality is there, No?

3 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

The K70 does feel very nice, but without the clickness.

Does it have a tactile bump?

8 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

But the build quality is there, No?

The build quality is there however, for me that doesn't justify the £2000 price tag to get a decently spec'd one. 

5 minutes ago, <Aleks> said:

The build quality is there however, for me that doesn't justify the £2000 price tag to get a decently spec'd one. 

LOL decent spec one where did you find that one on the apple website.

57 minutes ago, Jamie_Taylor_4200 said:

Does it have a tactile bump?

Yes, but it doesn't work very well...Or it might be just me.

On 16.1.2017 at 3:12 PM, <Aleks> said:

Yes, but it doesn't work very well...Or it might be just me.

Works perfectly fine :D. The actuation force of browns is just not as big as with blues (45g vs. 60g if I recall correctly) so the spring doesn't have as much resistance hence the (slightly) shallower bump. Blues also feel a bit more tactile due to the signature click. If you don't mind the noise the blues are really pleasant to type on. The click does (for me at least) get quite annoying after some time.

WHIPLASH

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @4.7GHz

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2x8GB @3000MHz

MOBO: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS

CASE: Fractal Design Define S

4 minutes ago, toasty6776 said:

Works perfectly fine :D. The actuation force of browns is just not as big as with blues (45g vs. 60g if I recall correctly) so the spring doesn't have as much resistance hence the (slightly) shallower bump. Blues also feel a bit more tactile due to the signature click. If you don't mind the noise the blues are really pleasant to type on. The click does (for me at least) get quite annoying after some time.

That's what i meant i just didn't know how to describe it. The 45g vs 60 is the difference that put me off that keyboard and made me settle with the Razer Tournament edition.(50g force)