How to apply thermal paste

chimmychunger

Ok so i am building my pc in 4 weeks and the most worring thing is i know the concept of applying thermal paste but am not sure. Can someone tell me how to apply thermal paste

Ok so i am building my pc in 4 weeks and the most worring thing is i know the concept of applying thermal paste but am not sure. Can someone tell me how to apply thermal paste

Put a rice grain sized blob in the middle, and screw down your heatsink, the pressure will spread it sufficiently. If your using socket 2011 you may want to add a little more than that.

Gaming System: i7 3770k @4.6GHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 8GB Corsair 1600MHz, 2 x MSI GTX 670 PE, Fractal R4, 256GB Crucial M4, Fractal Newton R3 1000W White

Steam Box: Xeon E3 1280 @ 3.5GHz, Intel S1200KP, 8GB Corsair White LP, 1x EVGA GTX 570, Fractal Node 304 White, 64GB Intel SSD, Fractal Tesla R2 650w White

Logan made a video on how to do that. There are many methods, I like the grain rice/small pea method, you just put a bit of thermal paste the size of a grain of rice on the CPU, you put the cooler on it without spreading it first, and it will spread by itself. In Logan's video it is demonstated how it's effective, he's using a transparent material so you can see where the thermal paste go when you simply drop the cooler on it.

Put a rice grain sized blob in the middle, and screw down your heatsink, the pressure will spread it sufficiently. If your using socket 2011 you may want to add a little more than that.

Logan made a video on how to do that. There are many methods, I like the grain rice/small pea method, you just put a bit of thermal paste the size of a grain of rice on the CPU, you put the cooler on it without spreading it first, and it will spread by itself. In Logan's video it is demonstated how it's effective, he's using a transparent material so you can see where the thermal paste go when you simply drop the cooler on it.

ok cool thank :D