Help Me !

Today I got a oem dell lga1155 motherboard and it was all fine until I can't find where to put the front panel connecter pins from my case . I am using an corsair cx500 psu with a i5 2400 and it won't boot I need help ?! Like I'm new to this and I got 200 pound and my family is quite poor so I don't have hardly any money to buy another pc.

here is a link to my pics to help if I can .... http://imgur.com/a/3uAle

Thank you Dylan 

2 minutes ago, Dobbsjr said:

If you can find out the full model name of the motherboard, you can probably source a manual for it online. The manual probably has a guide on connecting front panel I/O.

I agree, but if you can't find the manual, it's probably on the motherboard if you look very closely

1 minute ago, _Sebaz said:

I agree, but if you can't find the manual, it's probably on the motherboard if you look very closely

It says Dell optiplex 790 sff but it also says power switch but I only have one .

It's this connector over in the corner (red circle around it)

a1GOODu.jpg

Dell uses their own standard for front panel connectors, using one big connector for their case rather than splitting the pins like standalone boards do. The issue you're going to have is figuring out the pinout of the connector, as it's not really documented by Dell. 

From what I can find, the power pins aren't actually part of the front I/O pins, they're on their own header. (the 5 pin one labelled PWR_SW). 

I believe the 5 pin header is actually for the power LED as well, so only two of those pins should actually be for the power switch (my guess is the two pins at the front of the connector, not the 3 at the back). If you have the case for the PC, you can take the power button out and connect it using the old plug. If not, you can try taking something metal and shorting pins on the PWR_SW until the PC turns on (don't worry, you can't damage anything doing that unless you're stabbing at things). You then need to connect the front panel power switch cable to the pins that turn the PC on when shorted. The spacing may no match the front panel connectors on you case, so you may have to modify the connector a little.

14 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

It's this connector over in the corner (red circle around it)

a1GOODu.jpg

Dell uses their own standard for front panel connectors, using one big connector for their case rather than splitting the pins like standalone boards do. The issue you're going to have is figuring out the pinout of the connector, as it's not really documented by Dell. 

From what I can find, the power pins aren't actually part of the front I/O pins, they're on their own header. (the 5 pin one labelled PWR_SW). 

I believe the 5 pin header is actually for the power LED as well, so only two of those pins should actually be for the power switch (my guess is the two pins at the front of the connector, not the 3 at the back). If you have the case for the PC, you can take the power button out and connect it using the old plug. If not, you can try taking something metal and shorting pins on the PWR_SW until the PC turns on (don't worry, you can't damage anything doing that unless you're stabbing at things). You then need to connect the front panel power switch cable to the pins that turn the PC on when shorted. The spacing may no match the front panel connectors on you case, so you may have to modify the connector a little.

So if I got one of these of eBay It would work?

2 minutes ago, Dylan Joseph R said:

So if I got one of these of eBay It would work?

One of what?

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

One of what?

Dell's own power front panel connecter

Just now, Dylan Joseph R said:

Dell's own power front panel connecter

Yep, should do. Just make sure the connector is the same. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Yep, should do. Just make sure the connector is the same. 

Okay thanks my mum has an old Dell optiplex at work so that should work right ?

7 minutes ago, Dylan Joseph R said:

Okay thanks my mum has an old Dell optiplex at work so that should work right ?

It should do, but double check the connector. Dell may change things from series to series.