how good is the stock fan of cooler master hyper 212x?

stuck stock heatsink

i bought a 212x. it arrived yesterday. blade master 120 is the name of its stock fan.

i replaced it with corsair ml120, but not sure which one is better if one's better than the other.

also, i can use push-pull with double ml120s would that be better? right now my fans are:

1x ml120 front intake

1x blade master 120 front intake

1x af120 led bottom intake

1x af120 led top exhaust

1x stock zalman back exhaust 120mm

1x ml120 on cpu cooler.

also my psu takes air from inside the case. it's an exhaust case fan too :P

The 212 is generally considered to a great cooler as is, I wouldn't replace the fan unless you want a different look.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

The stock fan is alright. It can get pretty quiet at the lowest of its speeds and is noisy but performs well at max rpm.

I haven't personally compared them yet but the ML120 seems better. 

Why did you buy a replacement in the first place? Push/pull won't make much of a difference. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The stock fan is alright. It can get pretty quiet at the lowest of its speeds and is noisy but performs well at max rpm.

I haven't personally compared them yet but the ML120 seems better. 

Why did you buy a replacement in the first place? Push/pull won't make much of a difference. 

one of my stock case fans died... and had 2 of those low quality stock zalman fans (total 3 but back exhaust is better, different model.) so i bought 2 pack ml120s to replace zalmans... i thought cpu fan is more important than a front intake so i replaced it with ml120

8 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

The 212 is generally considered to a great cooler as is, I wouldn't replace the fan unless you want a different look.

well ml120 is more expensive than regular stock fan of cpu cooler i guess. and has higher max air flow-static pressure. lower noise at same speeds (as far as i know) but i dont know much about blade master120 thats why i asked.

4 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

well ml120 is more expensive than regular stock fan of cpu cooler i guess. and has higher max air flow-static pressure. lower noise at same speeds (as far as i know) but i dont know much about blade master120 thats why i asked.

The Cooler Master web site has the specs for the fan. It's fairly similar to the ML120 in performance, just slightly behind. Just because a fan is expensive doesn't mean it will perform significantly better. Cause physics. lol

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/blade-master-120/

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

6 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

The Cooler Master web site has the specs for the fan. It's fairly similar to the ML120 in performance, just slightly behind. Just because a fan is expensive doesn't mean it will perform significantly better.

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/blade-master-120/

so, not significantly but still better? as far as i know static pressure is more important for heatsink fans and ml120: 0.2 - 4.2 mmH20 blademaster120: 0. 3 - 2.09 mm H2O

it looks like a big difference to me.

212x has a different blade master i guess http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212x/

3 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

0.2 - 4.2 mmH20 blademaster120: 0. 3 - 2.09 mm H2O

You're mis-reading. it says "0.40 – 3.90 mm H2O" for the Cooler Master fan, not much in it. Again, change it if you want the visuals but don't feel like you have to for performance.

this is from it's own box

fGQPpO6.jpg

says 1700rpm max

54,6cfm max

2,03 mmh2o max

40k hours life

weird but it's site states http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212x/

2000 rpm
82.9 CFM

2.09 mm H2O

160k hours life

and blade master page states http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/blade-master-120/

2000rpm

76.8 CFM

3.90 mm H2O

40k hours life...

7 minutes ago, DELTAprime said:

You're mis-reading. it says "0.40 – 3.90 mm H2O" for the Cooler Master fan, not much in it. Again, change it if you want the visuals but don't feel like you have to for performance.

check my last reply. it has 3 different stats somehow...

i guess cooler master named all its 120mm fans as blade master 120 lol :D

oh got it. its an eu version http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212x-eu/

thats what happens when youre not living in USA. always 2nd grade products...

so now, ml120 significantly better or not?

5 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

i guess cooler master named all its 120mm fans as blade master 120 lol :D

oh got it. its an eu version http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-212x-eu/

most likley not

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

3 minutes ago, stuck stock heatsink said:

Well that makes it hard to tell the specs doesn't it. Well load up Aida64, do a CPU stress with the default fan installed for 15 or 30 minutes, then install the ml120 and do the same test for the same time period and you will get find out if the fan makes a difference.

1 minute ago, DELTAprime said:

Well that makes it hard to tell the specs doesn't it. Well load up Aida64, do a CPU stress with the default fan installed for 15 or 30 minutes, then install the ml120 and do the same test for the same time period and you will get find out if the fan makes a difference.

6 hours ago, DELTAprime said:

The Cooler Master web site has the specs for the fan. It's fairly similar to the ML120 in performance, just slightly behind. Just because a fan is expensive doesn't mean it will perform significantly better. Cause physics. lol

Fan specs usually aren't reliable for direct comparison especially from different manufacturers since there's not regulation on how they're measured. Look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews to compare fans instead.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.