Weird Graphics Card Error

Brennlamb

Hi,

I was curious if anyone has heard of this issue I'm having.  If I have a monitor plugged into my displayport or hdmi out on my 980ti gpu (I'm running SLI so there's two) my motherboard gives me a b2 error (on both boards I've used it is a cpu memory initialization error) and won't even load the bios.  I cannot get anything out of the second card, and its water cooled, so until I take it all apart I won't know if both are having the same problem.  However, when plugged into the dvi port I can get into windows safe mode, for a while I could kinda get into windows, but it would lose signal after a while, and I lost my windows installation somehow when I tried to reset windows, thinking it might be an os problem and it lost signal halfway through, now it can only stay safe mode (different installation on a different disk).  I initially thought it was the motherboard or CPU, and tested my cpu with a different motherboard, ram, and graphics card and it worked just fine, booted into windows, etc.  I have validated all of my hardware separately from the gpus and will leave a list of what my system currently is, and what I've used to determine that everything works fine without the graphics cards.  I was curious if anyone had heard of this happening and knew of a way to fix it before I take apart my system again and RMA my card, EVGA tech support seems to believe it is the gpu's causing the error the several times I've called them, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had any ideas.

My Current System:

i7 5930k-not overclocked currently, was capably of 4.5 

Asrock x99 Taichi

64gb Crucial 4x16gb DDR4 2400 mhz ram

2x EVGA K|ngP|n 980ti GPU

1000w EVGA 1000 T2 80+ Titanium certified PSU

Troubleshooting Stuff:

EVGA Micro 2 motherboard - original motherboard

Corsair 16gb 4x4gb RAM

AMD 5450

Seasonic X-series 1250w 80 + gold certified PSU

If I missed anything or made mistakes, I apologize, I'm new to the whole post on forums thing.  Any questions I will try to answer eventually if not immediately.

CPU memory initialization error? Perhaps your RAM is an issue? Check which slots they are plugged into, and reseat them.

I've seen this before. A DVI out works but HDMI/DP doesn't and it usually gives a POST code.

I have tried 2 kits of ram on two motherboards, and I've reseated and swapped around my current kit several times with no results.