Graphics card damaged?

ShrDc

Hi!

I tried to start up my pc today, when only a mic, headphones and power plug were plugged in. It made a strong beep which scared me, so I force shut it down. Later when I started it up (connected to mouse keyboard network and monitor) it started up weirdly and asked me if I want to repair the pc because it may have been damaged, so I did it, started it up and it was at low res. When I went to raise the res, instead of showing "display 1" or something like that, I don't remember, it said "display device on: DVI". Later when I started a game (witcher 3) there were drops. Now my question is, what the hell happened to the computer, and if the drops are linked to it or am I just pranaoid and gave a few drops a big meaning?

Youre paranoid bro, it was probably just a motherboard beep or something and anytime you force shut down it'll give you like 30 seconds to do that repair view stuff. 
I don't know about the drops though could be drivers and stuff maybe

2 minutes ago, benga said:

Youre paranoid bro, it was probably just a motherboard beep or something and anytime you force shut down it'll give you like 30 seconds to do that repair view stuff. 
I don't know about the drops though could be drivers and stuff maybe

The weird thing is that I have never heard this beep, and it happened when almost nothing was plugged in to the pc, it didn't just happen.

Test a couple of games and check ur avg fps , compare ur results or just see if fps drops are present . u can use the Msi afterburner to monitor ur gpu isage - clock temps .. etc , also the Cpu 

whats ur motherboard btw ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2016 at 5:38 PM, AMD Spec said:

Test a couple of games and check ur avg fps , compare ur results or just see if fps drops are present . u can use the Msi afterburner to monitor ur gpu isage - clock temps .. etc , also the Cpu 

whats ur motherboard btw ?

I don't know, the motherboard is from a Lenovo pre-built. I think everything is fine, there was just some stuttering, and I don't remember if it happened before too. Also, my geforce experience refuses now to optimise games, and it can't findthe recommended settings to use.